Delota Corp. (TSXV: LOTA) is a Canadian publicly traded company with a retail house of licensed brands (including the leading omnichannel vape retailer 180 Smoke Vape Store and the cannabis retailer Offside Cannabis) servicing adult nicotine and cannabis users.
At Delota, we cultivate an open, non-bureaucratic and inclusive workplace that embraces transparency and individual leadership. We believe each employee should have a voice and play an active role in helping all of us achieve our goals and grow our company.
We are currently looking for a full-time permanent Junior Accountant to join our growing accounting team. The Junior Accountant will accept the challenge of supporting all corporate accounting processes. The role allows for significant professional development as you are the accountant, analyst and consultant for multiple department heads and a valued leader.
This exciting business partnering role provides exposure to all areas including retail, e-commerce, marketing, and operations. This requires you to apply your technical expertise and analytical skills to be successful in this entrepreneurial culture.
- Assist with bookkeeping, payroll, and HST returns
- Prepare consolidated monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements; maintaining detailed supporting working papers, prepared in compliance with IFRS;
- Provide comprehensive financial analysis and insight to executive management;
- Assist with day-to-day operations of the accounting function, including transactions related to the general ledger, reconciliations, revenue, receivables, payables, inventory, and payroll;
- Monitor and manage purchase orders, invoices, and bill payment records for all suppliers, vendors, service providers and subcontractors;
- Monitor and forecast cash flow activities and prepare distributions;
- Manage and streamline the vendor payment process;
- Assist in the coordination of the annual financial statements audit and external statutory audits.
- Assist in the formulation of accounting policies in accordance with the IFRS.
- Proactively review current procedures and seek ways to improve them through implementation of new tools and processes.
- Assist with special projects and ad-hoc requests as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, financial management, or similar (professional certification (e.g. CPA) is an asset).
- At least 1 year experience working as an accountant.
- Experience with bookkeeping and payroll
- Excellent understanding of best financial practices and accounting processes.
- Solid knowledge of accounting software, such as Odoo, etc.
- Proficient in MS Office (especially Excel) and finance software.
- Ability to manage deadlines and work in a high-pressure environment.
- Display exemplary ethical behavior when working with confidential documents.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to collaborate with team members.
What We Offer
- Extended Healthcare Benefits Plan
- Annual performance bonus
- Flexible work hours in a hybrid environment
- Employee discount at all corporate retail locations
- Corporate membership rates at Goodlife Fitness
- Exclusive entertainment and lifestyle discounts, gift card rewards, enhanced insurance benefits and other value-added perks through Perkopolis
We are an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that reflects the diverse population it serves and we encourage applications from all qualified individuals. We are also committed to preventing and removing barriers to employment for people with disabilities, and we invite you to inform us should you have any accessibility or accommodation needs.
Location: 7941 Jane Street, Vaughan, ON L4K 2M7
Salary: $50,000.00-$60,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- Store discount
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- What is your salary expectation?
- We are located in Vaughan, ON. Are you able to work 2 days in office and 3 days at home?
- Payroll: 1 year (preferred)
- Bookkeeping: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person