About BTS Digital
BTS is the global leader in turning strategy into action. We inspire and equip people to do the best work of their lives, creating better businesses and a better world. Within BTS digital, the Toronto office specializes in crafting highly creative self-paced customized digital learning experiences for many of the world’s leading organizations. We create impact through high creativity, meaningful design and powerful storytelling.
The Media Lead role is, at its core, a Digital Storyteller – crafting immersive, media-rich digital learning experiences for our clients. Working closely with the Learning Experience Designer and a larger production team (e.g. Animation, Illustration, UX Design and Articulate Storyline 360 development) your role will be in helping to bring powerful learning experiences to life using visual storytelling, strong UX and immersive experiences. This is a role at the crossroads of learning, technology and design.
From liaising directly with the client, to working with our production team, to aligning with the vision of our strategic direction, you’ll wear many hats, but you will facilitate the creative and visual direction of the innovative learning solutions we’ll be creating.
Your Critical Skills
- You can guide the visual direction of a project - Quickly able to convert scripts and design ideas into visual concepts and storyboards. From static screens to animation to interactive sequences and even game mechanics, you’ll be work with our team to lay the visual direction of a digital experience.
- You understand the digital world – You keep up with trends in visual design, digital storytelling and media-rich experiences. You understand what a digital experience can be and you want to push boundaries to get there. You know the best way to use static screens, animation, interactive sequences, game mechanics and build immersive worlds that result in powerful learning experiences.
- You’re highly creative – Fancy yourself a creative thinker? What sets us apart from the rest is our ability to build highly creative learning experiences. You are comfortable leading with creativity, while still solving the business challenge at hand.
- You’re a strong team player – We’re a highly collaborative team, so whether through ideation, giving/receiving feedback or delegating, you have a critical role to play. You know how to support creative teams and create a space for everyone to meaningfully contribute.
- You’re incredibly organized – You know how to navigate tight deadlines, manage multiple projects at a time, prioritize, be able to see the bigger picture and formulate a strategic plan to get there.
What You’ll Do
This is a complex role that wears many hats, but the general domain in which you’ll operate includes:
- Conceptualization – Transforming ideas into visual design. Creating a concept and vision for the whole project.
- Storyboarding – Detailing the concept and bringing it into production. This includes listing media assets, define creative approach for all assets, design a work plan to complete the work on schedule, and assign work to team members in the production team.
- Managing Media Production – You’ll oversee the end-to-end media production process – working closely with our team of illustrators, graphic designers, storyline developers and more. This includes reviewing builds and QA’ing the team’s work.
- Liaising with Clients – This is a client-facing role. In the design phase, you’ll be pitching concepts to clients, and in production you’ll be working with their feedback to make sure what you create fits with the needs of the organization.
Your Ideal Background
Here’s what will help you succeed in the role:
- A degree (or relevant experience) related to visual design
- 2-4 years professional work experience in the field of visual design (including a background in film/animation/motion)
- A high-level of proficiency in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with eLearning authoring tools (Articulate 360 Suite mainly)
- Direct experience in the field of Digital Learning
It’s ok if you don’t have these skills, but if you’ve got any of them, you’ll add tremendous value to our team:
- Business Acumen – You get the corporate world. You understand how to produce creative work within the context of a business and its priorities.
- Client-facing skills – You are comfortable and confident with clients. You know how to understand their needs, educate them when needed and craft solutions to meet their challenges.
- Experience with Animation
- Strong UX acumen
- Experience with Accessibility