Lawson Lundell LLP is a leading regional Canadian business law firm with offices in Vancouver, Kelowna, Calgary and Yellowknife. The firm is recognized and respected by its peers in legal and business publications and was recently named one of BC’s Top Employers for 2023. Business in Vancouver also recognized Lawson Lundell LLP as the fastest growing law firm in Western Canada.
Lawson Lundell LLP is seeking an experienced Legal Administrative Assistant to join our Corporate Finance and Securities Group, in our Vancouver office. The successful candidate is an enthusiastic and hardworking team player who would like to work with lawyers in our busy Corporate department. The regular working hours for this role are Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm.
- Preparing and drafting various correspondence and documents
- Drafting documents in support of corporate transactions
- Time entry and billing
- Maintaining an efficient file management and bring forward system
- Maintaining a full calendar, email management and managing lawyers’ practice
- Liaising with legal assistants, paralegals, lawyers and clients on file progress
- General administrative duties, as required
- Legal Administrative Assistant certification from an accredited institution
- Senior Legal Assistant, with 5-10 years of previous experience in the Corporate department of a Canadian law firm
- Direct experience in the Corporate Finance Securities practice area is an asset
- Takes initiative
- Multi-tasks and can handle high volume
- Demonstrates exceptional attention to details
- Has the ability to work both independently and a part of a collegial team
- Highly organized, with the ability to prioritize tasks, in order to meet deadlines
- Strong technical skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
Exciting perks and benefits of working at Lawson:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Benefits: extended health, dental, vision, out of country, life, ad&d
- Lifestyle Benefit: reimbursement for purchases from a pre-approved list, including memberships and gym equipment
- Paid Time Off: vacation time starts at 3 weeks, personal days, sick time, and a volunteer day every year
- Education Reimbursement: we are committed to continued growth and development, and our educational reimbursement policy provides opportunity for our staff to expand on their skills and knowledge
- Financial Benefits: defined contribution pension plan matched by the firm, RRSP, TFSA, year-end bonuses and an employee referral bonus program
- Fun Environment: annual year end party, happy hours, staff appreciation week, and many other social events
- Awards: long term service and bonus vacation awards
If you are interested in becoming part of our dynamic environment and would like to apply for this position, please submit your resume with a covering letter to the attention of Linda Kilkenny, Human Resources Advisor.
Although we thank all applicants for their interest in Lawson Lundell LLP, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.