Job title: Compliance and Contract Manager
Reports to: Executive Director, Ashesi University Foundation Canada
Start date: August 1, 2023
Why join the Ashesi Team:
Ashesi University Foundation Canada (AUFC) is a newly established registered charity, based in
Toronto, whose purpose is to advance education, support entrepreneurship and workforce readiness for young people mostly in Africa. It is part of the Ashesi Community which includes
Ashesi University Foundation, based in the United States; and Ashesi University, an award-winning, private non-profit university based in Ghana. Ashesi University has changed the face of tertiary education and is a leader in bringing together the best of education with the needs of private and public sector employers. The Ashesi Community shares a vision for an African renaissance driven by a new generation of ethical, entrepreneurial leaders.
The Compliance and Contract Manager plays a key role in AUFC’s growing team. Based in Toronto, this role is an excellent opportunity to help to build an organization, see the behind-the-scenes work of a small but fast-growing non-profit organization, and further a career in mission-driven work.
The Compliance and Contract Manager will work with the Executive Director to ensure all compliance documentation and contract reporting requirements are effectively and efficiently completed. They will work closely with a diverse team across Ghana, Canada, and the US to facilitate programming outcomes, coordinate reporting, support the International Boards of
Directors, and work on special projects as needed.
The ideal candidate will be adaptable, self-directed, extremely detail-oriented, and share an affinity for Ashesi’s mission. This position will be hybrid and will include remote working options as well as days in the office. Individualized arrangements will be made upon contracting. The Compliance and
Contract Manager will carry out duties of the organization including, but not limited to the following.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop internal systems, compliance guidelines, training materials, and checklists in accordance with CRA regulations and donor requirements
- Monitor and evaluate effectiveness and efficiency of services provided by contractors and grantees
- Develop and maintain grants and contract progress tracking to ensure partner compliance in accordance with CRA regulations, donor requirements and AUFC’s organizational
- Review monthly, quarterly, and annual reports which could include conducting on-site visits, preparing written program evaluations, recommending program modifications or funding changes as appropriate
- Co-develop internal controls and policies and establish systems for adherence
- Review quarterly financial documents and generate financial reports when needed
- Support and liaise with all contracted service providers including accounting, legal and insurance
- Ensure that all Board activities adhere to standards including notification of meetings, maintenance of meeting minutes and other record keeping obligations
- 6-8+ years of related work experience in the government, non-profit or related field, with a record of success in grants and contract management and compliance
- Significant experience in compliance and reporting for the Canadian Revenue Agency
- Validated experience with budgets, financial tracking, progress reporting and other compliance requirements for multiple award types including federal grants
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Extremely detail-oriented with strong organizational skills and able to work independently
- Self-starter, ability to learn quickly, ability to adapt to change
- Experience with non-profit organizations or registered charities an asset
- Ability to work with colleagues remotely across international teams including flexibility to accommodate across time differences, as necessary
- Excellent proficiency with Microsoft applications, particularly Excel. Knowledge of database systems an asset.
- Minimum undergraduate degree or certificate in a related field (e.g., paralegal, finance, administration etc.)
- Ability to develop knowledge of, respect for, and skills to engage with those of other cultures or backgrounds
How to Apply
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to [email protected] and include in the subject line “AUFC Compliance and Contract Manager.” Please include your name or initials in the attachment files. This post will close on June 26, 2023. While we appreciate all applicants, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Ashesi University Foundation Canada is an equal opportunity employer dedicated to building a diverse and inclusive workplace culture. A positive work environment, flexible hours, and an organizational value of work-life balance underscore our interest in attracting outstanding candidates.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00-$100,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time off
- Work from home
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON M5A 1M3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON M5A 1M3
Application deadline: 2023-06-26
Expected start date: 2023-08-01