Wurth Canada is a high-performance organization that is built on humanistic values-achievement, trust, respect, integrity, accountability, and affiliation. We promote a strong culture that possesses authenticity and encourages crucial conversations and boldness. If you are looking for the opportunity to make a real impact, be part of a growing organization and grow personally and professionally, you have a future at Wurth!
We are looking for Systems Administrator to join our IT team here at Wurth Canada.
Our employees enjoy:
- A culture of empowerment and trust that puts a focus on professional development and coaching from a supportive management team.
- A Monday to Friday opportunity that values work/life balance integration, providing flexibility within the day-to-day role.
- Strong compensation
- Group Benefits Program (Health, dental, life, EAP, etc.) and Pension Plan
- 3 weeks paid vacation and 5 paid sick days. Company-wide vacation time at end of the year.
- A corporate recognition platform that promotes appreciation and collaboration providing both intrinsic recognition and monetary rewards.
- An open-door environment that promotes close collaboration within all levels of the organization
- Continued professional development within a privately owned global company that offers both stability and growth opportunities.
A day in the life of a System Administrator:
- General maintenance on local and wide area networks (LAN’s and WAN’s), relating to users, contexts, and network devices
- Install, configure, and support the software and hardware component of internal/external networks, as well as deploys and maintains all systems, applications and related computer equipment
- Troubleshoots network performance and provides technical guidance
- Ensures network related tasks are being performed to the standards of the organization
- Provide training and coaching to optimize performance to applicable stakeholders
- Install, configure, and support servers,
- Design, deploy, and support of Core Systems including VMWare, Window Servers, Storage, Hybrid Exchange, Azure Cloud, Business Continuity/Disaster Recovery, and other industry standard tools. After hours on-call support as required.
- Manage system backups Service Management / IT
- Assist in managing support tickets in the ticketing system
- Act as a point of escalation for Tier 1 and Tier 2 teams
- Monitor helpdesk tickets and triage in Tier 1 as needed
What you will bring to the team:
- Entrepreneurial and resilient by nature; a self-starter who thrives in a flexible and growth-driven environment
- Post-Secondary Degree or Diploma in computer science, or an acceptable combination of education and relevant experience
- Experience in providing support to business users and fellow employees
- 3+ years hands-on experience supporting Microsoft Windows and Linux servers
- 3-5 years hands-on experience implementing and supporting virtualization technologies such as VMware VSphere
- 3-5 years hands-on experience supporting enterprise servers and SAN technologies, scripting languages and Microsoft PowerShell
- Proficient with Fortinet firewall management, ZTNA, FortiSASE, EMS
- Excellent knowledge with Dell & Fortinet switches , CLI, firmware, load balancing, HA, and lags
- Understanding and experience in ITIL framework including Incident, Change and Asset Management
- Advanced overall knowledge of networking, operating system, server architectures, including communication platforms, NetEye, Nagios, Solar Winds, edge protection devices and load balancing
- Advanced knowledge of Web design/application principles and tools, including punch out and data interchange methodologies
- Good overall knowledge of programming concepts, software development cycles, and associated tools and platforms, including VSTS and Git
- Proficiency with Microsoft SQL databases
- Proficiency with networks, firewalls, encryption, and other aspects of network security technologies
- Ability to explain technical concepts and theories to non-technical audiences
- Experience with backup systems such as TSI, Dell Data Domain, Veeam, or Rubrik
- Strong understanding of O365 SaaS products such as Teams, Power Bi, Power Automate and Sharepoint
- Self-starter who can perform in a fast-paced and dynamic environment and effectively manage priorities
- Strong cross-functional collaborator who can create authentic relationships with colleagues
- Critical thinker who is highly analytical and adept at communicating insights derived from analyses
- Ability to travel (within Canada- particularly Edmonton, AB) once to twice a year
- Able to work flexible hours as needed including sharing on-call duties for out of hour support (roughly 1 week a month) and provide support on an emergency bases as required
- Ability to travel within the greater GTA once to twice a month to support offsite locations
Our parent company, the Würth Group is a family-owned globally operating sales organization with over 82,000 employees in 80 countries. Our Wurth sales team caters to clients from a range of different industries such as Automotive- dealerships, garages, and body shops, Cargo – heavy-duty equipment (farming/agriculture, trucking, construction leasing) municipalities, Metal – fabrication, welding, HVAC/plumbing, manufacturing, etc., Construction – General Contractors, and On-Site).
Würth Canada is an equal employer and encourages/promotes a diverse workforce. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family status, national origin, or disability status. Please contact a member of the HR team if accommodation is required during any point of the recruitment process.
We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements. Wurth Canada is looking for individuals that are driven to grow themselves and we provide the necessary training to be successful within the industry. We value career development and growth. However, a strong cultural fit is necessary!