Who we are
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 3000 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
A career as a Senior Manager with Grant Thornton will provide you an opportunity to:
- Work with a team of professionals to assist individuals, and businesses with a wide range of accounting, audit, regulatory, and financial services
- Be part of a unique work culture that challenges you to further your professional development and enlarge your chosen career path
- Be part of a fast growing environment with engaged professionals who are respected in their fields
- Develop solutions with clients and co-workers through collaborative debate and discussion
- Be engaged with clients on a variety of local and national projects
- Use your strong leadership skills to make a difference and participate in decision making and development of strategic solutions
As a Senior Manager, Assurance [Privately Held Business Group] your responsibilities will include:
- Provide solutions to our clients for accounting matters and work with them for growth in current business and financial conditions
- Plan, lead teams, and execute client engagements across different industries and sectors
- Proactively contribute to the growth of the Assurance practice through differentiating the Grant Thornton brand in the marketplace, supporting and driving business development and client service initiatives
- Analyze and review of corporate and personal income tax returns, reviews and compilation engagements
- Supervise and mentor an accounting team, including the review of files
- Maximize engagement profitability by effectively utilizing engagement resources
- Enthusiastically participate in the performance management processes including conducting timely performance reviews, providing ongoing feedback and training to develop more junior team members
- Build and deepen meaningful business relationships with colleagues and clients, based on rapport, trust and respect
Be Grant Thornton
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Want to learn more about who we are and how we live our purple every day? Read our colleagues’ stories at www.discoveryourpurple.ca
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Senior Manager, Assurance [Privately Held Business Group]? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
- Completed Chartered Professional Accountants (CPA) Designation
- 8+ years experience in a public practice environment, with 5+ years’ management experience
- Strong background with reviewing and leading compilation and review engagements and working with owner managed clients within a public practice scope
- Excellent general tax skills and the ability to identify tax issues
- Commitment to quality, excellence and continual professional growth for yourself and for those you manage
- Strong people management focus and coaching orientation
- Strong personal and professional brand in the marketplace
- Self-motivated, results-oriented multi-tasker who works equally well independently and collaboratively.
- Being an articulate, inspiring and versatile communicator
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
What's in it for you?
Profit sharing, Flex days, RRSP contributions, Firmwide holiday closure, Wellness benefits, Concierge-like benefits, Work from anywhere in Canada in the summer for 4 weeks, and more!
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?