DIRECTOR OF ROOMS, FIND YOUR PLACE AT PARK HYATT TORONTO: Be a part of something bigger. Make a difference in the lives of those around you. Love where you work. Join a family that values respect, integrity, humility, empathy, creativity, and fun. At Hyatt, diversity, equity, and inclusion are at the core of our purpose, to care for people so that they can be their best.
Join the team that is bringing in a new era to a Toronto legacy hotel. Recently renovated with striking architecture, art and bespoke culinary experiences, Park Hyatt Toronto offers a sophisticated, approachable luxury with a distinct character highlighting our Yorkville location. Toronto’s effervescent Yorkville neighbourhood is one of the city’s shining jewels. Lined with upscale boutiques, Victorian-era homes, and chic restaurants, the posh enclave still retains some of its artsy vibes—leftover from its past life as a bohemian hub for musicians. Here is where you’ll find Park Hyatt Toronto, surrounded by world-class institutions like the Royal Ontario Museum and the University of Toronto-St. George Campus.
WHAT ARE THE ADDITIONAL BENEFITS OF WORKING AT THE PARK HAYTT TORONTO?
- Complimentary meal during shift
- Paid medical days, paid personal days and Extended Health and Dental medical benefits for you and your dependents 30 days after joining
- Employer RRSP Matching Contributions
- Complimentary hotel nights and discounts at Hyatt properties around the world
- Tuition reimbursement program.
The Director of Rooms oversees hotel services, including Front Desk operations, Housekeeping, Guest Services/Valet, SPA, and Security. Maximizes room revenue and occupancy while analyzing rate variances, monitors credit reports, and maintains close observation of daily house counts. Identifies and coordinates major capital projects such as renovations, capital expenditures, and equipment changes. Conducts weekly Rooms Divisions meetings, including monthly financial reviews with subordinate managers and senior hotel directors. Prepares revenue and occupancy forecasting and monitors labour expenses through the schedule approval process.
- Develops the Room Division budget & business plan by reviewing the recommendations and trends and preparing and presenting a budget package to General Manager.
- Implements the approved budget. Monitors revenues and costs on a daily basis and takes corrective action where necessary. Controls costs by adhering to standards of operations for forecasting, budgeting, scheduling, payroll control, and other expense management systems.
- Responsible for creating the annual marketing plan and financial budget for the Spa and implementing once approved to meet financial revenue and GOP targets.
- Oversees and assists with the following in the Room division: recruiting, interviews, hiring, and onboarding; employee training and people development. Ensure the team members get the opportunity to grow and enhance their career journey with the company.
- Responsible for short and long-term planning and the management of the Rooms operations in the front and back of the house
- Experience supervising all Rooms Departments
- Ability to assimilate operational statistics quickly and see how they can be used to enhance the position of the property
- Maintain and improve guest satisfaction achievement to be always in line with the target metric. Improving the guest activities and experiences.
- Coach and counsel employees to reflect Hyatt service standards and procedures in line with a luxury hotel environment.
- Coordinates between departments to ensure a smooth operation on all sides; makes decisions on process and delegation of duties as needed to accomplish this.
- Communicates changes promptly and regularly to the General Manager and any other affected departments.