Legal Assistant (Immigration Law)
- Answer telephone/email inquiries, screen calls, and assist lawyer with case work.
- Schedule meetings for clients and lawyer.
- Analyze client cases and assist lawyer to review and prepare various immigration applications, including both inland and offshore applications, (Eg. Express Entry, Temporary Visas, Sponsorship, H&C, LMIA, PNP, Pilot Programs, etc).
- Analyze client cases and assist lawyer to review and prepare various IRB proceedings and proceedings at the Federal Court.
- Perform office administrative activities such as mailing, filing, and data entry.
- Minimum 2 years of Immigration Law experience.
- Experience in other litigation law areas is an asset.
- Fluency in oral and written Spanish, Farsi, Chinese, Vietnamese or Korean is an asset.
- Attention to details.
- Ability to handle multiple deadlines under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills, negotiation skills, and customer service skills.
- Strong analytical skills and research skills.
- Team player and able to work independently and productively.
- Prior work experience in immigration law.
Salary: Negotiable depending on experience. Bonus and benefits may be available based on performance.
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible.
Location: Downtown Toronto, Ontario
Job Type: Full-time
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Supplemental pay types:
- Immigration Law: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person