Do you want to be a part of a global team whose mission is to be the leading specialist in electric power switching, protection, and control by creating innovative solutions that are easily applied and provide the best long-term value? We help companies like Bruce Power, Toronto Hydro, Hydro Quebec, and many others keep the lights on for their customers.
We design, assemble, provide post-sales support and everything in between. Our business is fostered around our core values of personal integrity, respect for people, commitment to excellence and responsible stewardship. We are happy to share that we are a land fill free company. We take our commitment to our Team Members, Customers, and the environment seriously.
Reporting to the Assistant Manager – Information Technology, the successful co-op student will work with the Systems Administration team in automating processes and providing client support in on-premises and cloud technologies. The technical knowledge desired includes Active Directory, Azure, Office 365, Exchange, SharePoint, Intune, VMware, Powershell, and basic programming and scripting.
Work Term: Winter 2024 Co-op (Jan-April 2024)
Work Arrangement: Hybrid; Work once a week from the office days per week
- Respond to and prioritize requests for technical support or assistance
- Identify and analyze support issues, determining cause, resolution, and potential trends
- Work with senior members in automating software installation and processes
- Provide guidance and recommendations on the most effective use of technology
- Facilitate relationships with external organizations regarding technical issues and software functionality
- Prepare/maintain procedural, educational, or related documentation/communications
- Follow established standard work and best practices; define new standard work as appropriate
- Install or assist in the installation and maintenance of technical equipment and/or software
Perform other similar and related duties as assigned
- Successful completion of at least one year of post-secondary education towards a diploma or degree in or related to computer technology
- Successful completion of at least one co-op work term
- Experience in a technical support role involving on-prem and cloud technology, including but not limited to:
- Active Directory and Azure AD
- Office 365, Exchange, and SharePoint
- Windows client and server OS
- Knowledge of PowerShell and some programming languages is highly desirable
- Excellent interpersonal, customer service, and communication skills
- Ability to work independently with minimum supervision
A team player and a self-starter
In return you will have access to...
- Subsidized Public Transit Program
Discounted Grab N' Go Convenience (food & beverage)
S&C Electric Canada Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, S&C Electric Canada Ltd. will provide accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process to applicants with disabilities. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform S&C Electric Canada Ltd.’s Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require in respect of any materials or processes used to ensure your equal participation.