RPM Technologies provides software solutions and services to the largest financial services companies in Canada. We offer product record keeping and distribution systems, supporting a full range of investments, accounts and regulatory bodies.
RPM Technologies is always looking for talented, creative, professional individuals who have a passion to positively impact our business. With this in mind, we strive to provide a rewarding and satisfying work environment that fosters individual growth and success while delivering value to our clients.
Are you a recent graduate or have 1-2 years of software development experience? Do you have experience coding/programming in Java and/or SQL? Are you someone that enjoys Backend Development? Interested in the Financial Tech Industry? We're looking for you!
The Junior Software Developer will be joining our Server/Batch team and is responsible to ensure that our software development meets stated functional requirements and has the highest quality prior to delivery to our clients. You will be involved in all aspects of the software development cycle which will enhance RPM’s R•SUITE of wealth solutions and our clients’ experience.
- Coding of software
- Work with technical architects and senior software developers to define and document solutions
- Effectively collaborate with business analysts, quality assurance analysts, and DBA's throughout the software development life cycle
- Review, test and document software functionality
- Analyze, debug and resolve defects and/or production issues
- Meet deadlines and complete development solutions with quality
- Developers are expected to be team players: intra- and inter-department co-operation fosters morale and productivity
- Developers are expected to be proactive about the development of their business knowledge, including understanding fundamental concepts of RPM's systems like including, but not limited to, clients, plan accounts, investments, order entry, order fulfillment and settlement, and taxation.
- Developers are encouraged to develop these skills through training with other developers, both one on one and in group environments like ‘Lunch and Learns', as well as through courses like IFIC
Qualifications And Experience
- 1-2 years of software development experience (professional or internships)
- University Degree in Computer/Software engineering or a related discipline
- Comprehensive knowledge or experience of the following technologies: Java, SQL, PL/SQL
- Knowledge or familiarity with Oracle performance tuning is an asset
- A proactive, “service-first” attitude combined with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently on projects, with tight deadlines, under minimal supervision
- Interest or experience developing financial applications, preferably within the Wealth Management industry, such as banking, mutual funds (record keeping or distribution) and/or securities
- Competitive compensation including tuition reimbursement for skill development and continuous learning
- Comprehensive benefits including health & dental and matching group RRSP contributions
- Corporate employee discount program
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Central location located in the heart of the financial district, close to GO and TTC. Check out our commute score here!
RPM is committed to fostering a positive and progressive workforce. We provide equitable treatment and accommodation to ensure barrier-free employment in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act. If you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please send us an email to [email protected] to ensure that our applicants are fully able to access and participate in our recruiting process.