The Vancouver Lawn Tennis & Badminton Club ("the Club") is the city's premier racquets, fitness and social club; offering exceptional tennis, badminton, squash, fitness and aquatics programming, along with a variety of social events with upscale-casual dining in 3 restaurants.
We are presently looking for an Assistant Controller to join our Management Team. This is a full-time salaried position within our Finance Department. The salary for this position will be from $65,000 to $75,000 per annum plus benefits based on the successful Candidates background and experience.
The Assistant Controller will report directly to the Controller. The Assistant Controller should be experienced in all aspects of financial management, and corporate accounting, regulatory and financial reporting, auditing, budget and forecast preparation, payroll as well as development of internal control policies and procedures. We offer a competitive wage and benefits package for this position based on the candidate’s experience.
- Assist the Controller with management of all accounting operations including billing, A/R, A/P.
- Coordinate and assist with the preparation of the budget and financial forecasts and report variances.
- Support the preparation and publishing of timely monthly financial statements.
- Process payroll for approximately 75 union and 23 non-union employees twice monthly.
- Coordinate and assist with the preparation of regulatory reporting including annual and periodic program review audits.
- Research technical accounting issues for compliance and Controller as needed.
- Support month-end and year-end close process.
- Ensure quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Manage and comply with local, provincial, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Develop document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Additional controller duties in their absence or as necessary.
- 3+ years of overall combined accounting and finance experience
- Thorough knowledge of accounting principles and procedures.
- Experience with financial statement preparation for all types of legal entities.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/ year-end close process.
- Experience with various accounting software administration.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and demonstrated ability to communicate effectively.
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, please submit your application and cover letter. All Applicants must hold valid work authorization for Canada at the time of applying.
Please note we appreciate all applicants who apply, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.