*JOB POSTING – Executive Assistant / Office Manager*
Reports to: Chief Executive Officer
Status: Full-Time, Permanent, Excluded Position
*ABOUT SMALL BUSINESS BC*
Small Business BC (SBBC) is a non-profit organization that is here to help British Columbia’s entrepreneurs grow successful and sustainable businesses. Supported by PacifiCan and the BC Ministry of Jobs, Economic Recovery and Innovation, we celebrate and champion the thriving small business community within BC.
We are searching for an energetic and organized Executive Assistant/Office Manager who will act as the right hand for the Executive Team. The successful candidate will embody skillful communication and effective problem solving skills, and will be essential to providing administrative support, ensuring smooth, efficient operation of the SBBC office. The role will execute administrative activities, act as a liaison and resource to the Board of Directors, and assist the overall SBBC team with operations and special projects.
*PROJECT DUTIES AND TASKS*
1. Acts as main liaison between the executives, internal colleagues, and external stakeholders.
2. Functions as an executive assistant to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and through them, the Board of Directors, with access to confidential and sensitive information.
3. Attends Board and committee meetings and records, edits, and distributes meeting minutes to appropriate stakeholders
4. Organizes and coordinates logistics for the Annual General Meeting.
5. Oversees all incoming/outgoing communications, including emails, phone calls, reports and internal correspondence for the CEO.
6. Keeps the CEO’s calendar up-to-date, including adding events, rescheduling appointments and providing daily briefings.
7. Coordinates logistics for meetings and workshops for internal staff, Board of Directors, and external stakeholders;
8. Coordinates meetings and small event logistics such as scheduling, set up, catering, technology testing and materials preparation
9. Coordinates and schedules travel itineraries
10. Books, records, and tracks travel/expenses for the Board and executive team
11. First point of contact for correspondence directed to the Executive Team and responds to request for information.
12. Produces and/or maintains confidential materials such as reports, presentations, memorandums, formal correspondences, and briefing notes, and related documents for the CEO, Executive Team and the Board.
13. Produces reports and presentations for distribution to staff and external partners.
14. Responsible for creating, distributing, and archiving staff and leadership team meetings agendas and minutes.
15. Prepared regular task updates to be addressed and dealt with.
16. Coordinates production of Annual Report and contributes to the preparation of the annual audit.
17. Ensures By-Law updates and related administrative tasks are completed.
18. Supports financial management by processing contracts, invoices, expense sheets, and documents for approval and filing.
19. Assists in preparation of and overseeing the administrative budget.
20. Assists in tracking inventories, monitoring expenditures, coordinating vendor services (IT, janitorial, etc.) and ordering of equipment, furniture, and supplies.
21. Creates and maintains efficient electronic and physical filing systems, and maintains board, committee, staff, stakeholder, and contractor contact lists.
22. Performs other related duties as required.
- Degree or diploma in Business Administration, Small Business and Entrepreneurship, or Commerce, or an equivalent combination of education and business-related experience.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working with high level administrative support and/or in an office environment, coordinating schedules and appointments, writing reports, taking minutes and managing confidential material and information with discretion, tact and diplomacy.
- Excellent attention to detail, organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills in MS Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint & Outlook)
- Knowledge of how to source information on government regulations and resources.
- Entrepreneurial mindset an asset.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, multi-task and manage time in a high volume, fast paced, demanding environment;
- Motivated self-starter, willing to take initiative, with proven problem-solving and critical thinking abilities.
- Strong public speaking/teaching skills and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours when needed and/or work occasional evenings or weekends.
- Familiarity with non-profit sector and knowledge of basic legal principles of business considered an asset.
- Strong customer service acumen and affinity for researching and finding the correct information to provide to clients.
- Ability to work in French is considered an asset, as well as additional languages (Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese or Farsi).
*WHAT WE CAN OFFER YOU*
- Remuneration: Competitive compensation based on education and experience.
- Strengthening Health & Wellbeing: Full benefits package after the completion of 3 months, including 100% Employer paid Extended Health Benefits, Vision Care, Dental coverage, and Employee and Family Assistance Program.
- Investing in YOUR future: We have a generous group RRSP Matching Plus plan.
- Relax & Recharge: Paid time off and additional paid ‘Flex Days’ every three weeks.
- Learning & Development: Realize your potential with dedicated funds for continued learning and development.
- Shape the Community: Be a part of a young, talented, driven, and fun team working hard to make a difference within the small business community.
- More Flexibility: Our Hybrid work model lets you split your time between home and the office
To apply for this position, please visit our website at http://smallbusinessbc.ca/careers/. No phone inquiries please. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only qualified candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Small Business BC is an inclusive employer. We encourage applications from all qualified candidates and will accommodate applicants’ needs under the respective provincial human rights codes throughout all stages of the recruitment and selection process. Please email [email protected] to discuss your accessibility needs.
Job Type: Full-time