Architecture49Inc. is currently seeking an Interior Designer who is a recent graduate or within their first three years of practice to work out of our Winnipeg office in the role of Junior Interior Designer. We seek a highly motivated individual, passionate about building relationships with clients, and supportive of team success. We have a performance culture with opportunities for structured and non structured individual growth and for future leadership within the organization.
This opportunity is open to candidates currently residing in Canada. Relocation to the Winnipeg area is required. Assistance for relocation and/or working from another A49 city location is negotiable, and may be considered for top candidates.
Architecture|49 has offices across Canada which provides opportunity to work on a broad range of projects in other regions. Our projects range across multiple sectors including corporate workplace, security and defense, education, laboratories, industrial, and healthcare. As a blended practice, opportunities include working with team members from architecture, landscape architecture, graphic design and interior design.
Architecture49 maintains a strategic business relationship with WSP, a global engineering consultancy. This provides enhanced opportunities for exposure to international projects and a wide range of multidisciplinary expertise. Further, WSP provides Architecture49 with a range of shared services, such as comprehensive benefits, training, and corporate programs.RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design using the latest research in the profession, to generate exciting, forward thinking, project appropriate interiors which respect clients’ budget and schedule.
- Work effectively in multi-disciplinary project teams with the direction of project and design leads.
- Demonstrate strong space planning skills, technical knowledge of interior products, systems, and finishes, and an understanding of sustainable design and its impact on environments.
- Contribute to the development of conceptual designs to communicate with clients and stakeholders
- Contribute to varied aspects of interior design, including functional programming, schematic design, working drawings, and contract administration.
- Prepare graphic presentation documents using Revit, Adobe Creative Suite, and Sketch up.
- Contrib ute to project meetings and client presentations, including the preparation of agendas and meeting records.
- Prepare preliminary costing and comparative material sourcing
- Prepare contract documents, including floor plans, finish plans, reflected ceiling plans, power and communication plans, interior elevations, millwork sections and details, schedules, specifications, general notes and information, in compliance with the Building Code
Produce with accuracy and legibility, complete interiors drawing packages with attention to detail and a commitment to quality documentation
- 0-3 years of experience in interior design within Canada
- Masters or Bachelors Degree of Interior Design from a CIDA accredited program
- Ability to attain PSPC Level II Secret security clearance and RCMP clearance is required
- Ability to attain NCIDQ registration
- Ability to attain the title of Professional Interior Designer in the Province of Manitoba
- Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite, and SketchUp
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook, Power Point, and other digital communication tools
- Proficiency in Bluebeam Revu is considered an asset
- Familiarity with local Building Codes
- Strong design skills and a professional work ethic
- Excellent organizational and technical skills , verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in English
- Proficiency in French is considered an asset