A career as an Associate Private Investments in Credit with the Global Funding & Treasury - Financial Markets team means working in a dynamic environment that allows you to excel while creating strong collaborative ties across all sectors of the National Bank and Financial Markets family.
The Private Investments Group manages (1) the proprietary Investment book of the Bank, (2) the global private markets allocation of the Pension Fund and (3) the private capital funds selection for other related entities. Investment strategies under coverage are private equity, venture capital, private debt, real estate, infrastructure, distressed, and secondaries.
Your primary role will be to participate in the investment processes for private credit & real assets strategies (which include deal analysis, investment due diligence, portfolio monitoring, and asset class research. The capital is mainly deployed through investment funds.
Support the team in sourcing, monitoring, pre-screening and evaluation of private investment opportunities across asset classes and fund managers
- Conduct comprehensive investment due diligence and perform in depth qualitative and quantitative analysis
- Help develop strong and detailed investment thesis and make final recommendations
- Contribute to post-investment monitoring activities and reporting including quarterly review and benchmarking of the portfolio
- Conduct ad hoc investment related research and valuation as assigned
- Help build and maintain robust quantitative tools for investment valuation, portfolio monitoring, risk management and market intelligence
Bachelor’s degree, with qualifications in finance, economics or accounting. A Master’s degree in finance and/or CFA qualification(s) will be considered an advantage
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be considered
- Minimum of 5 years experience working full time in investment management and or corporate finance roles
- Any experience in private credit / project finance, deal structuring (equity/debt), credit analysis, investment analysis or fund manager selection is preferred
- Any experience in onboarding external managers/funds would be valuable
- Deep understanding of private and public credit markets dynamics
- Strong quantitative financial modeling and accounting analytical skills
- Highly proficient in Excel, PowerPoint. Programming ability is an asset
- Ability to make complex valuation, identify key drivers and risks
- Ability to work effectively under pressure with a high level of autonomy
In addition to competitive compensation, upon hiring you’ll be eligible for a wide range of flexible benefits to help promote your wellbeing and that of your family.
- Health and wellness program, including many options
- Flexible group insurance
- Generous pension plan
- Employee Share Ownership Plan
- Employee and Family Assistance Program
- Preferential banking services
- Initiatives promoting community involvement
- Telemedicine service
- Virtual sleep clinic
These are a few of the benefits available to you. We have an offer that keeps up with trends as well as your needs and those of your family. Our dynamic work environments and cutting-edge collaboration tools foster a positive employee experience. We actively listen to employees’ ideas. Whether through our surveys or programs, regular feedback and ongoing communication is encouraged. We're putting people first:
We're a bank on a human scale that stands out for its courage, entrepreneurial culture, and passion for people. Our mission is to have a positive impact on peoples' lives. Our core values of partnership, agility, and empowerment inspire us, and inclusivity is central to our commitments. We offer a barrier-free workplace that is accessible to all employees. We want our recruitment process to be fully accessible. If you require accommodations, feel free to let us know during your first conversations with us. We welcome all candidates! What can you bring to our team? Ready to live your ambitions?