Who is eHealth Saskatchewan?
We may be biased, but eHealth Saskatchewan is the place to be right now! As the result of a province wide consolidation of IT services in the health care sector, we have seen substantial growth in our organization that is only going to increase as we aim to meet our expanded mandate and the immense need for our support. This gives our people a unique and rare opportunity to truly create, build, improve, and leave their mark on a growing organization.
We are a Treasury Board Crown Corporation that focuses on digital technologies to enable, support, and enhance high quality health services across the entire province. There is no greater job satisfaction than knowing the work you do is directly related to saving a life or bringing a new one into the world. Although we may not be front facing with patient care, we have a huge role in maintaining and improving IT systems and supporting health care providers and teams throughout Saskatchewan in delivering the best possible care to patients, citizens, and health system users. Programs range from primary care to acute care, and includes laboratories, pharmaceuticals and diagnostics. Additional programs and services that support patient care and information include Virtual Care, MySaskHealthRecord, the Provincial Electronic Health Record, Health Registries (eligibility for health services/distribution of health cards) and vital event records.
Our vision is “Connected healthcare, accessible to everyone, everywhere” with a mission to “Collaborate to transform healthcare through the use of information and innovative technology”. It is a complex environment, constantly evolving and quick to change as we live our values of excellence, integrity, teamwork, courage, resilience and collaboration.
About the Role
Reporting to the Executive Director –Technology, the Director of Service Assurance oversees the day-to-day management, operations, and continual improvement of the Service Assurance portfolio. This position facilitates communication and issue resolution amongst large groups of interdisciplinary stakeholders while working collaboratively and directly with senior leadership, partners, technical experts and vendors.
The Director of Service Assurance is a highly experienced, dynamic and engaging leader to oversee and manage the work of teams across the province to support the health system in managing information technology services. The portfolio of services include, management of the IT operations center, service desk, change and incident management, application testing, knowledge management, as well as service level agreement development and monitoring.
The department is responsible for developing long-term plans and the alignment of service delivery offerings within the overall strategic direction of eHealth. The department is also responsible for building relationships and facilitation of issues resolution between interdisciplinary stakeholders, partners, technical experts and vendors.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Direct, develop, implement and monitor appropriate standards, policies and processes to ensure alignment with information technology strategies and initiatives with eHealth Saskatchewan’s mandate, mission and goals;
- Provide leadership for the proactive identification, development and implementation of opportunities to improve service quality, efficiency and effectiveness;
- As a key member of the Technology leadership team, participate in developing long-term, strategic plans and provide guidance for strategic initiatives that enable health system goals and objectives;
- Provide oversight and reporting related to service level targets for the provincial network and all systems hosted and supported for the Saskatchewan Health Authority, 3S Health, Saskatchewan Cancer Agency, Health Quality Council, Saskatchewan Ministry of Health and clinicians;
- Provide support and advice pertaining to the Service Assurance department’s mandate to partners, eHealth Saskatchewan’s Senior Executives and by extension senior leaderships across the Saskatchewan Health Sector;
- Foster strong relationships with internal, health sector and vendor partners;
- Providing leadership and guidance within the team through instruction, coaching and mentoring;
- Develop and manage operational and project budgets; and
- Promote “systems thinking” approach and proactively engage and maintain communications with other departments and organizations to determine needs of solutions maintained and / or supported by eHealth.
Experience & Qualifications
To succeed in this environment, you will bring 5 year's proven IT leadership experience, experience with people and budget management, excellent verbal and written communication skills. A proven ability to engage and lead teams through change, combined with a high level of initiative with problem-solving abilities, and business savy are required. Experience delivering large scale, mission critical IT services is preferred.
You will be:
- A team player with strong initiative who can establish personal goals and take responsibility for meeting them within defined timelines;
- A change agent and is not threatened or intimidated by change and uncertainty;
- Able to function in a dynamic environment subject to impromptu changes in schedules and priorities;
- An excellent leader who empowers staff to excel;
- Able to communicate complex issues to senior managers and clinicians in an effective manner;
- A conceptual thinker with excellent communication, facilitation, leadership and consulting skills;
- Customer service focused within a shared services environment; and,
- Able to navigate and build strong relationships in a large, complex multi-enterprise environment that includes customers with difficult and/or competing needs.
If this role sounds like the opportunity you have been looking for to challenge yourself and showcase your abilities - we would love to hear from you.
We are committed to workplace diversity.