We are seeking a litigation assistant with 1+ years of experience.
Experience in Personal Injury is preferred. As well, we require experience in using PC-Law & Prima-Fact.
You will be responsible for the following:
- drafting LAT applications and letters
- working knowledge of the Accident Benefits system
- opening & closing files
- drafting accounts
- paying invoices
- copying, scanning & filing
- scheduling events, such discoveries, mediations and trials
- contacting clients about appointments
- contacting the Courts
- working with minimal supervision
- understanding the Rules of Civil Procedure & deadlines.
What's in it for you:
- Gain hands-on experience
- Relaxed atmosphere
- Good work environment
- Sophisticated work
- On the Sheppard Subway-line
- Compensation package with health care plan
The law firm is located at Yonge and Sheppard in North York, (inside the Sheppard Centre) near the Sheppard Subway.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Employees are required to be fully vaccinated with a Covid-19 vaccine series as per the Health Canada guidelines.
- legal assistant: 1 year (required)
Work Location: In person