Russel Metals is one of the largest metals distribution companies in North America, with a growing focus on value-added processing. It carries on business in three segments: metals service centers, energy field stores and steel distributors. Its network of metals service centers carries an extensive line of metal products in a wide range of sizes, shapes and specifications, including carbon hot rolled and cold finished steel, pipe and tubular products, stainless steel, aluminum and other non-ferrous specialty metals. Its energy field stores carry a specialized product line focused on the needs of energy industry customers. Its steel distributors operations act as master distributors selling steel in large volumes to other steel service centers and large equipment manufacturers mainly on an "as is" basis.
Reasons to Join Our Team!
- Competitive base salary
- Profit-sharing plan
- Benefits program
- Pension plan
- Development and Growth Opportunities
- Various incentive and recognition programs
We are currently seeking a highly motivated and results oriented individual for the position of Credit Analyst in our Edmonton, Alberta location. This is a full-time, permanent position.
The role of the Credit Analyst is to provide credit granting and collection support to the Regional Credit Manager. This includes the consistent application of the credit policy and the periodic review of existing customers with the goal of optimizing the mix of company sales, customer goodwill and protection of the company’s accounts receivable.
- Create a safe, positive and productive work environment.
- Management of the company’s / region’s line of credit within the limits as set out by the Regional Credit Manager.
- Manage the credit granting and updating process by ensuring proper research and analysis is performed.
- Provide recommendations to the Regional Credit Manager on credit granting and limits.
- Responsible for day to day collections for accounts or branches as set out by the Regional Credit Manager.
- Backup Credit card information into the “Vault” when necessary.
- Negotiate with customers to develop payment plans for slow paying customers.
- Responsible for day to day review and release of credit held orders.
- Responsible for account reviews and recommendations on credit worthiness.
- Follow up of customer claims and disputes to ensure resolution of problems.
- Identify and respond to customer needs quickly and effectively.
- Support and maintain compliance with company policies and local laws that regulate the business.
- Manage relationship with sales and administration departments.
- Keep up to date with trends and developments in business, economy, technology and laws that may affect the company.
- Develop an atmosphere of creative problem solving and continuous improvement.
- Support and follow corporate directives, goals and objectives
- Filing & regular file management
- Administrative duties as required.
- Minimum three (3) years Credit & Collections experience
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Strong analytical, time management, organizational and decision-making skills
- Honest and team oriented, active at cultivating business & workplace relationships
- Well versed in Microsoft Office suite
- Previous experience working with confidential information
- Attention to detail.
We are an organization that is committed to the principles of Employment Equity which includes maintaining a fair, equitable and diverse workforce. All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
Russel Metals on Instagram :https://www.instagram.com/russelmetals/
Careers Page : https://www.russelmetals.com/en/careers/
LinkedIn : https://www.linkedin.com/company/russel-metals/about/
Russel Metals Website : https://www.russelmetals.com/en/