ACCOUNTANT- (12-month contract) Remote
With community and collaboration at our core, working at Parkbridge is not just a job—it’s an experience!
We strive to embody our corporate values of Community, Authenticity, Respect, and Excellence in our relationships with colleagues, customers, and business partners and are looking for individuals with focus, ambition, and drive to join our team.
The finance function is led by the VP and CFO. The finance team is split into Finance Services and Finance Operations. This position is part of the accounting team, led by the Director, Finance (Services) and will report directly to the Manager, Accounting and Systems and will partner with the other Accountants. This position will complete projects related to finance functions and assist other Accountants.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reconciling working capital accounts.
- Preparing fixed asset continuity schedule.
- Reconciling subledger to the GL for fixed assets and development costs.
- Assisting in preparation of internal corporate reports and accompanying schedules and worksheets.
- Performing back-up month-end duties assigned to other Accountants.
- Completing walkthroughs and updating (as necessary) Standard Operating Procedures for accounting areas.
- Assisting with other duties and tasks as required.
- Conforming with and abiding by all regulatory guidance and internal policies & procedures.
- Documenting policies, procedures, and workflow for assigned areas of responsibility.
- Supporting Manager, Corporate Reporting & Compliance as required and assigned by Manager, Accounting and Systems.
- Contributing to departmental and organization special projects as assigned.
- 2-3 years of experience in a General Accounting role.
- Knowledge and understanding of accounting principles.
- Attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Intermediate to advanced experience with MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook or similar programs.
- Knowledge of major accounting software, Great Plains preferred.
- Must be able to effectively handle multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline driven environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Headquartered in Collingwood, Ontario, Parkbridge is Canada’s leading operator, developer, and owner of more than 60 residential land lease communities and 35 recreational RV resort communities across the country.
Parkbridge enriches the lives of Canadians by enabling families to buy a home, couples to downsize their home, and vacationers to enjoy time at recreational RV resorts. Parkbridge manages and continually invests in the properties it owns and operates, creating a relationship with our customers and vibrant communities with quality amenities.
Homeownership is out of reach for many Canadians. Parkbridge provides an affordable homeownership option through land lease, which allows people to purchase a home outright without buying the land on which it sits. This fills a gap in the real estate market between rental and freehold homes.
Homeowners maintain and build equity in their homes, while having access to professionally managed shared infrastructure, services, and amenities. It’s an ideal option for people who want to enter the housing market, or those looking to downsize.
Parkbridge makes residential and recreational communities exceptional.
Candidates from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. We are committed to fostering an inclusive, barrier free and accessible environment. If you have been contacted for an interview and require an accommodation to participate in the recruitment and selection process, please advise, and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Please note that applicants must be able to successfully pass a pre-employment criminal background check.