Ledding & Company LLP is a boutique law firm that focuses on complex real estate and commercial law. Our office is located at 5th and Burrard in the Kitsilano neighbourhood.
We are currently seeking a legal assistant on a temporary full time basis to assist on a number of office projects. A permanent position may be available at the the end of the temporary assignment based upon operational needs.
The successful candidate does not need any experience in the legal field and training will be provided. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to start their legal career.
Duties may include but are not limited to:
- Printing, photocopying and scanning
- Maintain a reminder system
- Filing, opening and closing files
- Land titles and court services searches, filings and registrations
- Corporate registry searches, filings and registrations
- Compiling transparency records
- Drafting basic correspondence
Detail oriented, strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Displays extraordinary customer service in a professional, mature and courteous manner
- Dependable and punctual team player
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Good spoken English and written English, spelling, grammar and editing skills
The following qualifications are not required but considered assets:
- Experience in an office setting
- Experience in a law firm
- Legal administrative assistant certification
We offer a competitive salary, paid parking and training. This position is based at the office and remote work is not available. If this becomes a permanent position or is extended beyond three months the successful candidate would be eligible to enroll in our group benefits plan.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Contract length: 3-6 months
Salary: $3,000.00-$4,000.00 per month
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Do you have valid authorization to work in Canada, meaning an open work permit, permanent residency, citizenship or other authorization that does not require sponsorship?
- Do you live in the Lower Mainland of British Columbia (between Hope and Whistler)?
Work Location: In person