Baker Tilly HMA LLP is looking for a senior staff accountant to join our firm based in our The Pas office.
Baker Tilly HMA LLP and its predecessor firm have been providing professional services across Manitoba since 1957. In that time, the firm’s staff contingent has grown significantly, and we are proud to have built a group of talented, ambitious professionals who are passionate about what we do and committed to exceeding the expectations of clients.
Our client base is exceptionally diverse and includes local owner-managed businesses, not-for-profit organizations, governments, professionals, and individuals. We have industry experience in Indigenous services, automotive dealerships, medical professionals, legal professionals, insurance brokerages, not-for-profits, hospitality and tourism, real estate, construction, retail, and others.
We have strong community roots and believe in providing our clients with high quality personalized services. Our success depends upon attracting, developing, and retaining strong professionals and clients. Baker Tilly will help you achieve more than what was thought possible.
- Complete, support and guide assurance and non-assurance engagements for a variety of clients
- Lead consulting engagements or special assignments and identify client service opportunities
- Supervise, develop, mentor and lead junior staff
- Preparation and review of financial statements
- Complete corporate and personal income tax returns
- Identifying and resolving engagement issues
- Developing and maintaining positive and productive working relationships
- Supporting practice and professional development initiatives
- Participating in business development initiatives
- Proactively follow up with clients and build positive working relationships
- Effectively respond to requests or queries, and keep the team apprised of any potential issues
- Accounting/Business degree
- Successful completion of the CFE or working towards a CPA designation
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience working in accounting. Public practice experience is preferred
- Interest in managing and developing others
- Good written and verbal communication skills with individuals at all levels
- Strong attention to detail and a willingness to learn and develop
- Ability to work effectively both independently and in a team setting
- Experience with Caseware, Profile, Sage 300 (ACCPAC), Sage 50 (Simply Accounting) and QuickBooks is an asset
- Strong Microsoft Office skills, particularly MS Excel
- Ability to prioritize and manage deliverables, adhering to time and budget constraints
- Exceptional problem solving and analytical skills
- Excellent client services skills with an aptitude to understand the clients’ business and maintain strong client relationships
- Dedication and motivation to achieve high standards of client service and professional performance of duties