Reporting to the Quality manager, the Quality Control Inspector will be responsible for ensuring that completed work and/or work in progress meets the requirements of the plans and specifications. The QC Inspector establishes the standards of operation, ensures that procedures are set to achieve quality standards, and work with managers to enact and maintain new standards. The incumbent will provide technical support to project staff and conduct required Quality inspections in accordance with the required codes of construction.
- Performing routine quality assessments on incoming materials and outgoing services
- Interpret and review drawings.
- Looking through plans, blueprints, and specifications to understand the design requirements of materials.
- Inspect completed work and/or work in progress to determine whether the work meets specifications and plan requirements
- Monitor overall construction performance with regard to technical quality and compliance with design and specification requirements
- Note and report on work that does not meet requirements
- Educate workers on the required standards
- Communicate the results of inspections and put forward corrective suggestions
- Write reports to document deficiencies and errors of products
- Work with managers to identify approaches and methods to improve overall quality
Education, Experience and Knowledge Required
- CWB level 1 weld inspector certificate.
- Site quality control experience
- Experience in reviewing and understanding plans and specifications and comparing completed work to the plans and specification requirements.
- Well organized with a solid understanding of the construction industry.
- Strong writing skills.
- Proficient in computer word processing and Microsoft Office applications
- Strong regard for quality assurance according to company standards
- Good knowledge about industry products and processes
- Excellent oral and communication skills
- Excellent presentation and reporting skills
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-10-20