This application is for MTax students only.
Discover Your Impact
You know those big cities that still feel like small towns? Where everyone’s friendly and helps each other out? That’s like Grant Thornton. Except here we’re all professionals and there isn’t a mayor or a general store. What we’re trying to say is that we’re a large and growing professional services firm that still feels like a community. We employ over 2500 people across Canada, and we truly care about our colleagues, our clients and the communities where we work and live. That’s what’s most important to us. We’re building a thriving organization that’s purpose driven and still want to remember what your favourite milkshake flavour is.
Discover what success feels like here
If you’re a bit like us, you’re driven to connect with how others are feeling and thinking. Here we walk in others shoes before taking action. Just imagine being part of a team that puts “we before me”, where flexAbility is a mindset, and where you trust your colleagues to have your back. At Grant Thornton, you’ll work with inspiring leaders who support your development, both personally and professionally. This is a place where your insatiable curiosity enables you to think, see and hear from a variety of perspectives, a place where every day is different and having the courage to grow is part of who you are. And when all this comes together, well that’s when the magic happens!
Discover your voice within an award-winning culture
Grant Thornton has been recognized by the Great Place To Work Institute for 16 years in a row as one of Canada’s best workplaces We were also recognized as a Great Place to Work in 2020 for Today’s Youth. This is your opportunity to experience what our culture is like for yourself!
We believe flexibility in our way of working is essential to creating a culture and environment that enables our firm to achieve our Purpose to help our clients, colleagues and communities thrive.
Discover Your Best Self
Imagine working for an organization that believes in the power of authenticity in everything that we do. Whether you’re working on a client file, lobster fishing in Nova Scotia or rock-climbing in the Rockies we want you to bring your whole self to work.
You’ll be a part of a team where leadership is shared, and your colleagues at all levels are fiercely committed to your development. As part of a global organization, with offices in more than 130 countries and across Canada, you’ll have opportunities to connect and learn globally.
A Co-op position in US Corporate Tax with Grant Thornton will provide you an opportunity to:
- Work with a team of professionals who assist individuals and businesses with a wide range of tax services
- Be part of a unique work culture that challenges you to further your professional development and enhance your chosen career path
- Be part of a fast growing environment with well respected professionals who are locally renowned in their respective field
- Develop solutions with clients and co-workers through collaborative debate and discussion
As a Co-op, US Corporate Tax [Winter 2024] your responsibilities will include:
- Preparing US tax returns for individuals and partnerships
- File and workpaper preparation
- Researching tax queries for clients, Partners, Senior Managers, and Managers.
- Ensuring compliance with Internal Revenue Service standards
- Analyzing financial statements for tax implications
- Continue building our reputation as the preferred business advisors in our market place
Think you’ve got what it takes to be a Co-op, US Corporate Tax [Winter 2024]? Like the colour purple? Great. Here's a few more boxes we’re also hoping you can tick:
Join our team!
- Appropriate relevant designation or working towards completion of designation (CPA, CA, CGA, CMA)
- Solid knowledge and understanding of financial statements, with the ability to assess the statements accurately
- Solid working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Superior communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Quick learner (facility learning to use new software) and self-starter
- Well-organized and able to balance competing demands
- Excellent client service skills and disciplined follow-up
- A strong commitment to client service, and attention to detail
To become a member of one of the most dynamic firms in Canada, please submit:
- Your resume
- Cover letter
- A copy of your most recent transcripts
The application deadline is: September 21, 2023 at 10:00 am ET
At Grant Thornton we’re focused on making a difference in the lives of our clients, our colleagues and our communities. That’s our purpose. Or, as we like to say, living our purple.
Are you ready to Discover Your Purple?
If you are selected to move forward in the recruiting process the first step will be for you to complete a digital interview through HireVue. Digital interviewing is a modern way to interview which sets a level playing field for all candidates. Simply record your answers to pre-set interview questions from Grant Thornton LLP using your computer and webcam, or your mobile device.
We are committed to electronically confirming with all applicants when an application has been received and to electronically notify all applicants when positions they have applied to have been filled.