Location: Vancouver Downtown Office
SUMMARY OF POSITION:
Pacific Reach is seeking an experienced litigation Paralegal/Senior Legal Assistant for its head office located in downtown Vancouver. This is a full-time, 5-day a week in office position with a competitive compensation package, including full benefits and pension matching. The successful candidate will work closely with two (2) in-house lawyers, reporting to the Senior Legal Counsel.
- Draft and assist in the preparation and submission of legal claims and other court filings, for matters in the BC Supreme Court, BC Small Claims Court, Residential Tenancy Branch, WorkSafeBC, the Human Rights Tribunal, and other administrative tribunals.
- Schedule discoveries, hearings and trials and organize and assemble documents and evidence.
- Attend administrative hearings, including Residential Tenancy Branch hearings.
- Legal research.
- Assist with the formation of corporate entities, filing of annual records, and the maintenance of corporate minute books
- General administrative duties such as maintaining calendars, managing emails and preparing and maintaining a bring-forward system.
- Providing additional administrative assistance and general office duties as assigned.
- Minimum three (3) years’ experience as a litigation paralegal and/or senior legal assistant in real estate, commercial, residential tenancy and administrative matters.
- Experience assisting solicitors with corporate/commercial matters would also be an asset
- Paralegal/Legal Assistant certification from an accredited post secondary institution or equivalent work experience
- In-depth knowledge of legal terminology, court rules and procedures
- Strong technical skills using Microsoft Office
- Ability to work under pressure, manage multiple priorities, and multi-task in a fast-paced environment and to perform duties with speed and accuracy
Salary: $70,000 to $85,000 per year dependent on experience
Pacific Reach is a vibrant and exciting family owned business that has been involved in the acquisition, development, construction and property management of multi-family residential properties and commercial properties including hotel, office and retail buildings in Vancouver, Calgary, Toronto, Los Angeles, Phoenix and Chicago. It also manages one of the largest portfolio of seniors homes in Canada, employing over 5,000 employees, and has expanded and grown its non-real estate investments through an active Capital Investment Division. This is an excellent opportunity to join an established yet growing company that provides high quality and interesting work in an entrepreneurial environment.
While we thank all those who apply, only those who are short listed will be contacted due to the high volume of resumes received.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $70,000.00-$85,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- How many years of commercial leasing experience do you have?
- Are you current vaccinated against Covid-19?
- Real Estate transaction: 1 year (preferred)
- general litigation: 1 year (preferred)
- Legal Assistant: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person