Pushor Mitchell Legal Assistant
Who we are:
Pushor Mitchell is a full service law firm located in Kelowna, British Columbia, in the heart of the Okanagan Valley. We are the largest law firm outside the lower mainland, with a team of 37 lawyers and over 100 employees, our skilled and talented team provides service in over 25 areas of law. The firm prides itself on providing excellence in service to our clients, innovative legal thinking, and cost effective solutions. One of the key values of the law firm is giving back to our community, and we support a number of charitable, athletic, cultural and professional organizations throughout the Okanagan that help our community thrive. We recognize that it's the committed and capable people that enable us to provide exceptional service to our clients make Pushor Mitchell the highly regarded firm that it is.
Areas of Law
As a full service law firm Pushor Mitchell touches on every aspect of the law. We are always looking to recruit in the following areas of law: Real Estate Conveyancing, Corporate, Commercial, Wills & Estates, Criminal, Immigration, and Personal Injury. Please indicate which area of law you would like to work in in the subject line of your application. If you have a specialization outside of these areas that you think would benefit Pushor Mitchell, please let us know.
Who you are:
You're a skilled professional who values excellent client service and you pride yourself on delivering high quality work. You thrive in a collaborative environment and are continually seeking to learn and grow. You enjoy working with a team of dedicated professionals who share the common goal of making a positive contribution to our community.
Produces correspondence and legal documents from dictation, handwritten and precedent documents. Performs a variety of administrative tasks seen below;
- File maintenance and organization
- Opening and closing client files
- Keeping client file lists
- Maintaining bring forward or tracking system for limitation and follow-up dates.
- Handling incoming and outgoing mail
- Reviewing and filing e-mail correspondence
- Answering calls and general inquiries
- Time entry and bill preparation
- Tasks as assigned according to area of law
- High school graduate
- Graduation from Legal Administrative Assistant Program is an asset
- Experience in field of law is an asset
Please apply by submitting your resume and cover letter to [email protected] . Please address your application to Jenny Rodgers, Director of Human Resources.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $41,860.00-$69,955.31 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
Flexible Language Requirement:
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Kelowna, BC V1Y 2B3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- legal assistant: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person