Lawson Lundell LLP is a leading regional Canadian business law firm with offices in Vancouver, Kelowna, Calgary and Yellowknife. The firm is recognized and respected by its peers in legal and business publications and was recently named one of BC’s Top Employers for 2023. Business in Vancouver also recognized Lawson Lundell LLP as the fastest growing law firm in Western Canada.
Lawson Lundell LLP is seeking an Experienced Paralegal to join our Real Estate Group in our Vancouver office and work with 7 existing paralegals in the Group. The successful candidate is an enthusiastic and hardworking team player who would like to work within our growing Real Estate department. The regular working hours for this role are Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm and hybrid work opportunities are available.
- Review commercial contract of purchase and sale, easements, rights of way, subdivisions and strata plan filings
- Prepare documents with respect to acquisitions and sales of various types of commercial properties, financing and development of land
- Obtain and review due diligence searches and completing summaries
- Prepare closing agendas
- Prepare all documents necessary, from start to completion on all commercial real estate transactions
- Attend to registration of documents and security in land title offices and other government registries
- Liaise with all internal and external parties involved with the transaction, including preparation of correspondence
- Review and respond to correspondence
- Minimum 7 years of Downtown law firm experience
- Paralegal certification from an accredited institution
- Aptitude in Microsoft Office
- Solid understanding of BC land title registration requirements
- Ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and solve problems in a fast paced environment
- Has the ability to work both independently and as part of a collegial team
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Displays extraordinary customer service in a professional, mature and courteous manner
- Highly dependable and adaptable with great work ethic
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills
Exciting perks and benefits of working at Lawson:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Benefits: extended health, dental, vision, out of country, life, ad&d
- Lifestyle Benefit: reimbursement for purchases from a pre-approved list, including memberships and gym equipment
- Paid Time Off: vacation time starts at 3 weeks, personal days, sick time, and a volunteer day every year
- Education Reimbursement: we are committed to continued growth and development, and our educational reimbursement policy provides opportunity for our staff to expand on their skills and knowledge
- Financial Benefits: defined contribution pension plan matched by the firm, RRSP, TFSA, year-end bonuses and an employee referral bonus program
- Fun Environment: annual year end party, happy hours, staff appreciation week, and many other social events
- Awards: long term service (bonuses & extra vacation)
If you are a professional, motivated, hardworking team player with a positive outlook and would like to share your expertise with us, please submit your resume with a cover letter to Raj Sidhu, Human Resources Director.
Although we thank all applicants for their interest in Lawson Lundell LLP, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.