AnalytiChem is a global scientific company focused on enabling analytical laboratories to achieve their best results. We support our customers through a wide range of inorganic and organic reference materials, cultured media, laboratory consumables and sample preparation equipment. Our brands include SCP Science, Chem Service, Bernd Kraft, OREAS, Chem-Lab, Northeast Laboratories and BioTRADING and we support customers in a wide range of industries from Industrial to environmental and animal health.
If you are looking for a dynamic work environment in a fast growing organization where you can make a difference, AnalytiChem might be the challenge you are seeking.
- Manage the preparation of the internal monthly financial statements and reporting packages.
- Oversee the preparation of the year-end file and corporate tax returns and manage the relations with external accountants.
- Develop, implement, and monitor financial policies and procedures.
- Provide analytical expertise in business analysis and financial modeling.
- Evaluate and streamline all financial reporting systems and accounting processes.
- Control accuracy and timeliness of accounting records.
- Oversee annual audit file preparation.
- Manage U.S. Sales tax reporting process.
- Oversee the preparation of the revenue and expense budgets for departments.
- Monitor monthly results and compare to budgets.
- Highlight and investigate significant variances.
- Update budgets as required.
- Submit progress reports and discuss with Management.
- Make recommendations to reduce overhead and operating costs.
- Participate in a group environment budgeting process.
- Review processes executed by the staff; propose and implement changes for better efficiency, speed and time.
- Train accounting staff as required.
- Monitor the process flow of company expenditures.
- Monitoring of the A/R - A/P processes.
- Overview on monthly accounting cycle.
- Coordinate eventual system automation changes to our reporting process/structure.
- Take an active role in integrating newly acquired companies into our existing reporting and system structure.
- Manage cashflow requirements.
- Monitor/maintain intercompany transactions.
- Contribute in establishing processes for day to day activities.
- Be the liaison with both Provincial and Federal government in times of audits.
- Take part in negotiation and review of contractual obligations.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00-$115,000.00 per year
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Montréal, QC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Accounting: 5 years (preferred)
- English (required)
- French (required)
Work Location: In person