Are you looking to work for a growing software company? How about a socially responsible company that cares about its employee? If so, keep reading! CMiC has been awarded one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies and is continuing to grow and strive for the best.
Whether you are a seasoned PL/SQL Developer or a Junior Programmer willing to learn, this may be the role for you! CMiC offers a PL/SQL training program, along with other learning opportunities through our learning portal which gives employees access to thousands of courses!
Apply today to get the opportunity to join the CMiC Team.
Headquartered in Toronto, CMiC is a software company focused on the Construction industry. We have built a comprehensive platform for construction companies to manage their most important workflows. Our customers have their choice of a SaaS or Private Hosted platform that includes industry focused modules to manage everything from Financials and Payroll to Project Management and Budgeting. Our market share is very strong in North America and rapidly expanding internationally in regions like Europe, South East Asia and the Middle East.
The Application Developer (PL/SQL Developer) is responsible for the development of CMiC software modules using a variety of development tools including PL/SQL and Java. An essential aspect of this role involves designing, developing, troubleshooting, debugging and testing of user interface, business logic components, and/or reports. The Application Developer works with team members and clients to design and develop business applications and/or reports that support client needs. This is a full time, permanent role.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Write high quality and well-documented code according to accepted standards based on user requirements using PL/SQL, Java, Oracle Forms/Reports, Oracle JDeveloper.
- Test and debug program units in conjunction with other units and/or systems and integrate with other program modules and systems.
- Participate in project and team meetings interacting and collaborating with team members and other departments as appropriate.
- Evaluate alternative design approaches to meet business and user requirements.
- Provide analysis of problems reported by customers.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years professional programming experience using PL/SQL.
- Exposure to Java and Oracle JDeveloper is an asset.
- A self-starter who takes initiatives but seeks the assistance of others when necessary.
- Excellent problem solving and customer service abilities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- University Degree, preferably in Computer Science.
CMiC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the Ontario Human Rights Code, CMiC will provide accommodation to applicants with disabilities throughout the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process. If selected to participate in the recruitment, selection and/or assessment process, please inform Human Resources staff of the nature of any accommodation(s) that you may require.
- Full-time, permanent role
- Flexible remote work policy
- Competitive benefits Package (including Health & Dental benefits)
- Paid vacation and personal days
- Virtual Townhall meetings where all employees are encouraged to participate in open discussions
- An active Social Events Committee (past events include annual seasonal parties, pool and bowling tournaments, karaoke nights, virtual game nights, BBQ’s, and more)
- Health and Wellness focus including virtual fitness classes, wellness webinars, and discounted gym memberships
- RRSP Matching Program after 2 years of employment