Finning International Inc.
Number of Openings:
Finning Digital is looking talented full-stack developers to join cross-functional delivery teams building data-driven backend and frontend services for our customers in North America, South America, United Kingdom, and Ireland. Our solutions are built for and run in the cloud leveraging the latest data ingestion, processing, and storage technologies and deployment models. We have adopted the Agile and SAFe methodologies to support our planning, delivery, and support activities.
While we prefer to fill this position with a full-stack developer, we will also consider candidates who are more focus on backend or frontend development.
If this interests you, we look forward to hearing from you!
- Evaluate, estimate, design and implement feature requests, producing high-quality testable solutions meeting business and functional requirements.
- Maintain and support existing software solutions, by fixing bugs and optimizing performance
- Produce architecture, design, deployment, and user documentation
- Identify dependencies by collaborating with other development, data, DevOps and product management teams
- Design, develop and maintain application/data/deployment CI/CD pipelines
- Participate in code reviews and sprint ceremonies
- Participant in on-call support activities
We’d love to hear from you if you have (Must-Have Skills):
- 3+ years of experience in developing backend services and APIs with C#, .NET Core, Entity Framework Core
- 2+ years of experience in developing frontend applications with Angular or a similar JS framework
- Practical experience writing and optimizing queries with SQL and NoSQL databases
- Experience with cloud platforms (Azure preferred)
- Strong communication and collaboration skills and a positive attitude
- Post-Secondary degree or equivalent experience in Computing Science or Information Systems Technology
The following qualifications will be considered as asset (Nice-to-Have Skills):
- Experience in developing frontend applications with React
- Knowledge of data ingestion systems/technologies, such as ETL and SSIS
- Practical experience in Azure services, such as Azure SQL, Azure Cosmos DB, Kubernetes Service, Azure Functions, and Azure Databricks
- Good understanding of CI/CD tools and procedures, such Azure DevOps or Jenkins
- Experience working with containers and infrastructure automation/orchestration
What we can offer you:
- Great people and place to work with remote work/work-from-home opportunities
- Career advancement and training opportunities
- Competitive compensation
- Pension and employee stock purchase plans with company contributions
- Extensive health benefits including group medical and dental benefits, and short-term and long-term disability benefits
- Global travel insurance
- Employee assistance program
At Finning, we prioritize creating a diverse and inclusive environment. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, and we actively encourage all individuals to express themselves and achieve their full potential. As a company, we continuously strive to enhance our outreach to individuals of all backgrounds and identities. We do not discriminate against applicants based on gender identity, race, national and ethnic origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, marital and family status, and/or mental or physical disabilities. Furthermore, Finning is committed to collaborating with and providing reasonable accommodations /adjustments to individuals with disabilities. If you require an adjustment/accommodation at any point during the recruitment process, please inform your recruiter.