Job Title: Family Law Clerk (North York)
Job #: 16319 Job Type: Full time, permanent
Location: North York
Benefits: Excellent benefits
Remote Flexibility: Hybrid remote flexibility
Our client, a reputable Toronto firm is currently looking for a Family Law Clerk. This firm has an excellent culture and a lot of career development opportunities.
- Family law firm with offices in across Ontario.
- Committed to community involved through their charitable initiatives!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist lawyers in a busy family law firm;
- Completing sworn financial statements;
- Drafting court orders; - Coordinating court dates;
- Liaise professionally with lawyers, clients, courts, and process servers;
- Open, close and maintain legal files;
- Prepare drafts of correspondence, financial statements, affidavits, orders, pleadings and other legal documents;
- Arrange for filing and service of documents;
- Manage timelines and bring-forward system; and
- Assist with other legal administrative duties as needed.
- 4+ years of family law experience;
- Legal Assistant or Law Clerk diploma from an accredited institution;
- Comprehensive understanding of the Family Law Rules, Divorce Mate, and court procedures;
- Exceptional drafting skills (correspondence, pleadings, affidavits, briefs);
- Strong proficiency in MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel);
- Demonstrative analytical skills, good judgment, and a and high attention to detail; and
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, and time management skills.
How To Apply: Kindly email your MS Word resume to [email protected], and quote Opportunity #16319 in the subject line of your email. If you are already registered with Kent Legal, please get in touch with your recruitment consultant. Thank you for your interest in this role. Please note that only qualified candidates will be invited for a meeting. Continue to visit our website at www.kentlegal.com for new employment opportunities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
Ability to commute/relocate:
- North York, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Secondary School (preferred)
- legal assistant: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person