Lawson Lundell LLP is a leading regional Canadian business law firm with offices in Vancouver, Kelowna, Calgary and Yellowknife. The firm is recognized and respected by its peers in legal and business publications and was recently named one of BC’s Top Employers for 2023. Business in Vancouver also recognized Lawson Lundell LLP as the fastest growing law firm in Western Canada. Our lawyers have received national and international recognition in numerous legal directories and publications. Our clients are leaders in the jurisdictions where we are located and around the world.
Lawson Lundell LLP is seeking a Real Estate Legal Assistant to join our Vancouver office. The successful candidate is an enthusiastic, hardworking individual who would like to provide support to lawyers in our busy Real Estate practice. The Real Estate Legal Assistant will assist their assigned lawyers and provide support to the group, as required. The regular working hours for this role are Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 4:30pm.
- Preparing and drafting various correspondence and documents;
- Drafting documents in support of corporate and commercial transactions;
- Time entry and client billing;
- Preparing expense reports;
- Maintaining an efficient file management and bring forward system;
- Maintaining a full calendar, email management and managing lawyers’ practice;
- Liaising with legal assistants, paralegals, lawyers and clients on file progress;
- General administrative duties as required.
- A Legal Administrative Assistant certification from an accredited institution is required.
- Minimum 1 year of previous experience in a legal environment is required.
- Previous experience in the Real Estate practice area will be considered an asset.
- Experience with LTSA anywhere and PPSA searches is an asset.
- Strong technical skills in Microsoft Office programs are required.
- Must have experience with general due diligence.
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills.
- Ability to pay strong attention to details.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team orientated environment.
- Excellent organization and time management skills.
- Must be flexible and adaptable to the demands of the role.
Exciting perks and benefits of working at Lawson:
- Competitive Compensation
- Health Benefits: extended health, dental, vision, out of country, life, ad&d.
- Lifestyle Benefit: reimbursement for purchases from a pre-approved list, including memberships and gym equipment.
- Paid Time Off: vacation time starts at 3 weeks, personal days, sick time, and a volunteer day every year.
- Education Reimbursement: we are committed to continued growth and development, and our educational reimbursement policy provides opportunity for our staff to expand on their skills and knowledge.
- Financial Benefits: defined contribution pension plan matched by the firm, RRSP, TFSA, year- end bonuses and an employee referral bonus program.
- Fun Environment: annual year end party, happy hours, staff appreciation week, and many other social events. The Firm also has an active Employee Engagement committee.
- Awards: long term service (bonuses & extra vacation).
If you are a professional, motivated hardworking team player with a positive outlook and would like to share your expertise with us, please submit your resume with a cover letter to Linda Kilkenny, Human Resources Advisor.
Although we thank all applicants for their interest in Lawson Lundell LLP, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls please.