We're looking for Canada's top graphic designers. If you're a super nice person + a super talented designer, we should chat. And here's why:
- Work from home full time
- Full-time / Salary position
- Work with fun food & beverage brands
- Benefits (Dental, Vision, Chiropractic, etc.)
- NO BAD CLIENTS - seriously, we're very selective about who we work with
- Control your own schedule
- NO CLIENT MEETINGS = Spend all of your time doing creating work
- Work in a fun creative start-up that's disrupting the industry
- Work with people that respect and encourage work-life balance
- Work and learn along side a team 25+ worldclass designers
- NO WORKING PAST 5 PM | NO WEEKENDS -> EVER
So here's who we are...
DarkRoast Design is an innovative, creative start-up, engineered to provide high-performing food & beverage brands across North America access to top talent graphic designers.
Based in Windsor, Ontario we serve a diverse client base all across Canada and the United States.
We are looking for experienced graphic designers who are versatile and able to work directly with clients on various design projects.
You'll have the opportunity to work independently, managing your own set of client portfolios and projects. Our designers who have demonstrated an ability to manage their schedules and deliver effectively are afforded the freedom to work wherever and however they are most productive.
TLDR - What we offer:
The freedom and flexibility you would typically get from freelancing, with the security and stability of a full-time salary and benefits
What we're looking for:
- Execute and manage design projects based on clients' instructions
- Collaborate directly with clients on managing revisions and project deliveries
- Create and oversee the development of a range of branded materials/assets for various clients.
- Extrapolate client's vision and expectations based on limited information
- Collaborate with Marketing and Creative teams to maximize the performance of Design and iterate when necessary; able to adapt quickly to feedback
- Foster a culture that thrives off of creativity, curiosity, and continuous learning
Who we're looking for:
- Min 4+ years of full time working experience (Freelancing, Agency, or In-house)
- Must currently live in Canada
- Bonus* If you have experience working specifically with CPG, Beverage, eCommerce, or Cannabis Brands
- Effective time management skills
- Able to work independently with minimal oversight
- Strong communication skills
- Graphic Design Degree and / or exceptional proven skills and experience in the field
- Strong, dynamic portfolio showcasing creativity and versatility.
- Ability to multi-task and work cross-functionally with creative, strategy, and account executives.
- Can approach projects with a “big picture” mindset and meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to develop compelling, client-ready presentations and to be client-facing.
- Working knowledge of Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
This is a full-time salaried position.
IMPORTANT* Please include a link to your portfolio on the FIRST LINE of your cover letter/application. Applicants who fail to do so will be skipped over.
What we care about most is the quality of your work and personality. Don't have an updated resume? No problem. Just send us your portfolio, and we can take it from there.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00-$55,000.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Flexible schedule
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Work from home
- Please include a link to your portfolio here. Required
- Do you currently live in Canada? (Please do not apply if you live outside of Canada)
- graphic design: 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: Remote