Aviation Analyst / Modeller
Airbiz is an international consultancy which provided strategic and planning advice to airports, airlines, design/construct firms, governments, and airport investors. We have offices in Australia, Canada, the USA, the United Kingdom and New Zealand. Our team consists of airport and terminal planners, business analysts, aviation marketing specialists, project facilitators, modelling and simulation experts and creative strategists. We are renowned for our lateral thinking, which results in innovative and cost-effective outcomes.
We have completed more than 2,500 projects in over fifty countries world-wide.
Airbiz is an equal opportunity employer which welcomes diverse, and inclusive workplaces.
Learn more about us at www.airbiz.aero
We are currently seeking an Aviation Analyst / Modeller and will consider applications from both graduates and experienced candidates. The successful candidate will use their numerate and analytical skills working in collaboration with other Airbiz consultants on major airport projects throughout the world. The position will be based in any one of Airbiz’s offices in Australia, Canada, the USA, the UK or NZ.
The ideal candidate:
- Has a tertiary qualification in computer science, engineering, mathematics, or similar numerate/analytical disciplines.
- Has excellent numerate and analytical skills and can use these skills to solve complex problems.
- Can use Microsoft Excel at an advanced level.
- Is self-motivated, requiring minimal supervision, accountable and willing to take on responsibilities within a team environment.
- Can demonstrate commitment and ability to provide quality work and meet agreed deadlines.
- Has excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Has exemplary time management, organizational skills to prioritize work and coordinate tight deadlines.
- Has strong research skills and ability to collate and concisely communicate key findings in written reports, slide decks, and in-person meeting formats.
- Has the ability to participate in and contribute to meetings to develop and implement successful project solutions by helping to prepare materials, supporting schedule coordination, and developing meeting minutes and summaries.
The ideal candidate could also have:
- Experience using data visualization tools such as GIS, Tableau or similar software.
- Airport modelling and simulation experience using such products as CAST, ARCport, TAAM, SIMMOD or similar products.
- The ability to program in SQL, Python and/or VBA.
- Experience working in a project-based environment with teams and/or stakeholders.
- Experience using airport planning tools such as Autodesk, Sketchup, AviPLAN, Lumion.
Location & Compensation
- This position is to be based in either our Vernon, Montreal, or Seattle office.
- Periodic business travel may be required.
- We compensate competitively, commensurate with experience and qualifications and provide a benefits package, annual salary bonus, and flexible work arrangements.
Mentorship and Professional Development
- We are committed to helping you grow as part of a team and will work with you to develop a professional development and mentorship plan. As a small firm, we offer a unique opportunity to work directly with senior staff, including principals and senior managers, for meaningful career development and learning outcomes.
Only applications from individuals with the right to work permanently in Australia Canada, the USA, the UK or NZ will be considered for this position.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Supplemental pay types:
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
Work Location: In person