Change the future with us.
We are looking for dedicated and talented people who tackle ever-changing challenges, customer needs, and questions from colleagues with clever concepts and creativity. We embrace change and work with curious minds re-inventing the future of work. Join us and let us focus together on what’s truly important: making lives better with new ideas and the latest technology around the world.
Why you’ll love working for Siemens!
- Freedom and a healthy work- life balance– Embrace our flexible work environment with flex hours, telecommuting and digital workspaces.
- Solve the world’s most significant problems – Be part of exciting and innovative projects.
- Engaging, challenging, and fast evolving, cutting edge technological environment.
- Opportunities to advance your career and mentorship programs on a local and global scale.
- Competitive total rewards package.
- Profit sharing available.
- Rewarding vacation entitlement with the opportunity to buy and sell your vacation depending on your lifestyle.
- Contribute to our social responsibility initiatives focused on access to education, access to technology and sustaining communities and make a positive impact on the community.
- Participate in our celebrations, social events and offsite business events.
- Opportunities to contribute your innovative ideas and get paid for them!
- Employee perks and discounts.
- Diversity and inclusivity focused.
Siemens is proud to be an eight-time award winner of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Canada’s Greenest Employers 2022, Canada’s Top Employers for Young People 2023 and Greater Toronto's Top Employers 2022.
What will you do?
The Risk Management group of Siemens Financial Services-Commercial Finance is seeking an Underwriter to process small and mid-ticket transactions. The position will primarily support the Vendor Industrial business, which includes Transportation, Manufacturing, Machine Tool, Material Handling and Construction. The primary function of the position is to prepare rating and lending reports in support of new business.
- Gather information from (prospective) customers and industry sources with respect to proposed finance transactions, including but not limited to D&B, Paynet and personal credit reports.
- Review and analyze customer financial statements and tax returns.
- Prepare Credit and Risk Rating Reports for proposed transactions.
- Establish customer borrowing limits and structure higher risk transactions, as needed.
- Facilitate the onboarding and approval of new vendor accounts.
- Analyze ticket transactions in Vendor/Industrial sector. Analysis will include financial assessment and risk rating, debt capacity analysis, business model assessment, business plan analysis, sensitivity analysis, risk analysis, impact of document negotiations upon risk, and other analysis as the transaction dictates.
- Review and analyze external rating agency reports ad customer financial statements
- Prepare Credit and Risk Rating Reports.
- Conduct in person and phone credit due diligence
- Interact with and support sales colleagues and management. Work closely with Lease Administration and the Legal Department on documentation issues.
- Provide assistance and complete tasks and project as needed and as the Risk Department may require.
- Maintain data integrity and compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Communicate credit decisions to internal and contacts.
What will you need to succeed?
- Degree or diploma in finance, business or a related field
- Minimum of 10 years of small ticket and/or middle market credit underwriting experience in a commercial (non-consumer) environment in Industrial markets such as Machine Tool, Transportation, Construction and Manufacturing.
- Completion of credit screening training program. preferred.
- Formal training in Lending/Cash Flow.
- Experience in negotiating terms and conditions of transactional documents.
- Ability to work independently and to make logical and confident lending recommendations and decisions.
- Strong interpersonal/communication skills and ability to develop and maintain good internal and external customer relationships.
- Proficiency with MS Office applications (e.g. Excel, Word, Access, Powerpoint, etc.).
- Strong technical writing skills. Ability to present information in a concise, logical manner to support credit decisions and recommendations to senior management.
- Fluency in French and English (verbal and written) is required to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position for the following reason(s):
- The role requires interacting with English-speaking customers and suppliers across Canada and/or internationally; requires regular interactions with Siemens colleagues based outside of Quebec, nationally and internationally.
We share our ideas and champion the people behind them.
For over 110 years, Siemens Canada has stood for engineering excellence, innovation, quality and reliability. Siemens Canada is a technology leader providing comprehensive solutions for Smart Infrastructure and Digital Industries. We make real what matters by setting the benchmark in the way we electrify, automate and digitalize the world around us. Ingenuity drives us and what we create together in yours.
Making a difference together we raised $385,000 towards charitable contributions, support over 38 non-profit organizations and planted 660 trees in our local communities. Siemens Canada has 2,500 employees from coast-to-coast and 24 office and production facilities across Canada. Join our team of approximately 293,000 talented professionals in more than 190 countries/regions and help us tackle the most exciting challenges to build a successful future together. So, what are you waiting for? Take your next career step with us.
To learn more about Siemens Canada, visit our website at www.siemens.ca
While we appreciate all applications we receive, we advise that only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
Siemens is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Upon request, Siemens Canada will provide reasonable accommodation for disabilities to support participation of candidates in all aspects of the recruitment process. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment.
By submitting personal information to Siemens Canada Limited or its affiliates, service providers and agents, you consent to our collection, use and disclosure of such information for the purposes described in our Privacy Notice available at www.siemens.ca.
Siemens s’engage à créer un environnement diversifié et est fière d’être un employeur souscrivant au principe de l’égalité d’accès à l’emploi. Sur demande, Siemens Canada prendra des mesures d’accommodement raisonnables pour les personnes handicapées, dans le but de soutenir la participation des candidats dans tous les aspects du processus de recrutement. Tous les candidats qualifiés seront pris en considération pour ce poste.
En transmettant des renseignements personnels à Siemens Canada limitée ou à ses sociétés affiliées, à ses fournisseurs de services ou à ses agents, vous nous autorisez à recueillir, à utiliser et à divulguer ces renseignements aux fins prévues dans notre Déclaration de protection de la confidentialité, que vous pouvez consulter au www.siemens.ca.