This posting is for 1 Temporary, Full-time position for up to 2 years
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Administrative Assistant directly supporting the Manager of Indoor Services, Infrastructure and Operations to join Recreation, Parks and Culture!
The Administrative Assistant is accountable for efficient and confidential support to the Branch Manager for all aspects of administrative office support including the execution of both routine duties and specialized assignments while maintaining professional rapport with all internal and external clients.
- Provide comprehensive and proficient administration to the Branch Manager to ensure an organized structure is maintained and deadlines are met. This includes being the first point of contact for the Manager’s office: use discretion and judgement regarding the flow of information, record and track deadlines, evaluate incoming issues requiring immediate attention, develop preliminary action plans, acting independently as required
- Research and coordinate information to prepare professional documentation including presentations, proposals, and correspondence in a timely and confidential manner adhering to County standards
- Coordinate and prepare Council inquiry responses, issue briefs, bylaws, policies, and procedures in accordance with County standards Research and coordinate information to prepare professional documentation including presentations, proposals, correspondence, issue briefs, contracts, Council reports, and issue briefs
- Coordinate responses, problem solve complaints, answer, and follow up on inquiries about services, venues, policies, procedures, and operations from external agencies, governments, and other departments
- Prepare various contracts, legal agreements, licenses, extensions , requests for proposals, requests for quotations, etc., ensuring compliance with required authorizations. Compile specifications and supporting schedules as required as well as provide backup support to the Procurement Services Administrative assistant for Recreation, Parks and Culture standard agreements, amendments, and extending agreements.
- Oversee and coordinate various department processes for tracking documentation including reviewing expiring contracts to mitigate risk
- Compose, maintain, circulate, and file internal communication including reports, meeting notes, email, and contacts.
- Sharepoint site branch owner for Indoor Services Infrastructure and Operations, and project support as required.
- Schedule, organize and assist with internal and external meetings, workshops, and events (branch, inter-branch, departmental and inter-departmental)
- Assist accounting and accounting support staff with various tasks such as variance reports and budget entry support.
- Provide administrative support to Branch operations including support for all recreation software upgrade projects.
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office products including SharePoint and business equipment
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills of self and others, with attention to detail
- Effective critical and analytical thinking, and problem-solving
- Excellent customer service skills, diplomacy, and tact
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Strong ability to work collaboratively and build productive working relationships
- Ability to maintain discretion and respect confidentiality
- High degree of flexibility, adaptability, and leadership skills
- High School Diploma plus five years of related work experience
- Post-secondary certificate or diploma in office administration or a related field would be an asset
- Experience supporting a Manager or as a senior administrative team member is highly desired
- Knowledge of procurement and contract administration is an asset
- Knowledge of municipal departments and services and the role of Recreation, Parks and Culture within the County is an asset
Equivalencies of education and experience may be considered.
This competition may be used to fill future vacancies for similar positions within the next 6 months.
Thank you for your interest in Strathcona County. We only contact candidates selected for interviews.