Reporting to the Information and Technology Manager, the IT Server Specialist is responsible for overseeing and managing the Guelph Public Library’s corporate voice and collaboration servers (video conferencing, document sharing, etc.). This is an essential role at the Guelph Public Library. Overseeing and managing the collaboration system servers, while also leading the next step in modern corporate telephony, collaboration and the transition from legacy systems and services. This role will help support GPL’s digital transformation to modern systems and services.
All employees are required to:
· Promote the Guelph Public Library Mission Statement
· Provide exemplary customer service
· Cultivate a healthy and safe workplace
A. IT Management Role
· Administers the operation and maintenance of the IT infrastructure - technical lead for library voice / video and collaboration initiatives
· Manages library PSTN connectivity, including SIP, PRI's and analog
· Provides real time monitoring and corrective actions for network and voice systems
· Technical lead for library voice / video and collaboration initiatives
· Responsible for Microsoft Teams Voice system configuration and management.
· Responsible for the management and implementation of Microsoft Teams rooms and collaboration spaces, corporate video conferencing and collaboration systems
· Responsible for direction and planning in relation to library voice, collaboration, video, and audio conferencing
· Responsible for and supervises the creating and maintaining of detailed system documentation for library voice, video, and collaboration systems
· Responsible for direction, planning and maintenance of WiFi, wireless technologies and mobile device managing platforms
· Creates and maintains procedures and support processes for library voice, video and collaboration systems
· Administration and management for all switching, routing hardware and software applications
· Provides network administration, maintenance duties as required, to support library network infrastructure.
· Anticipate, mitigate, identify, respond to and resolve problems affecting system/network performance and efficiency
· Administration and maintenance of library’s Security Risk Assessment platform
· Resolves problems using electronic tools, manuals and technical support documentation
B. Supervisory and Vendor Management
· Supervises the rollout out of training system wide in areas of expertise.
· Oversees and manages technology vendors for implementations, repairs and maintenance of library IT systems when required.
· Trains IT system technicians on Level 1 and 2 networking, voice and collaboration troubleshooting
· Acts as escalation point for IT service desk for all network, voice, video and library collaboration incidents and service requests
· Provides advice and technical expertise to IT Manager, with establishment, management and oversight of corporate telephony agreements and voice support agreements
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
IT Server Specialist reports to the IT Manager.
· Experience related to the duties listed above, normally acquired through the completion of post-secondary education in Computer Science or other related discipline, and considerable experience working with corporate telephony (Cisco/Microsoft/Webex/Cloud), audio and video collaboration systems, network / Windows server administration, and mobile technologies. Candidates with an equivalent education and experience be considered.
· Must have a Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) Certification
· Technology certifications such as but not limited to will be an asset:
i. CCNA Collaboration
iv. Microsoft certifications
vi. MTEAMS Voice
· Experience with PSTN telephony technologies such as SIP, PRI, and analog.
· Knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Server operating systems, Active Directory, Cisco telephony, Cloud telephony and mobile technologies.
· Excellent organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple assignments in order to meet deadlines.
· IT Project Management experience delivering new solutions from start to finish.
· Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
· Must be a reliable self-starter able to work alone or with supervision
· Ability to problem solve and good decision-making skills
· Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities
· Instructional/ teaching skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to handle sensitive and difficult issues in a confidential manner
· Excellent documentation, analytical and troubleshooting skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills in a variety of communication channels
· Ability to work independently and co-operatively on a team
· Ability to perform light physical work, bend, reach and lift up to 25kg
· Must have a valid Class G driver’s license. Access to a vehicle
Applications including a cover letter, resume and 2-3 work references should be submitted to:
Applicants are required to demonstrate in their application how their qualifications match those specified above. Assessments based on all of the objectives and qualifications listed above will be a part of the interview, written and/or practical test and reference checking. Candidates will be asked to provide documentation of completion of qualifications and memberships in good standing.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: $90,000.00-$98,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Flexible Language Requirement:
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Guelph, ON N1H 4J6: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Bachelor's Degree (required)
- Driving Licence (required)
Work Location: In person