West Coast Reduction Ltd. – Nothing Left Behind*. Using innovative thinking, progressive processes, and modern facilities, WCRL’s seven plant locations across Western Canada recycle inedible food by-products to create finished products such as protein meals and oils which are then sold to customers worldwide. Learn more at www.wcrl.com.
Take a look at our About us video for more information https://vimeo.com/352792382 .
Based at our Calgary plant location, we are hiring a Maintenance Helper. This role is responsible for supporting the heavy-duty mechanics and welders to ensure safe and efficient preventative and corrective maintenance on the fleet.
WHY JOIN OUR TEAM?
- Build a stable career at a reputable company with more than 450 employees
- Continuous in-house training opportunities available – all our new drivers are provided hydraulic equipment training during onboarding
- Comprehensive compensation package offered to full-time employees including employer-paid extended health benefits
- Generous RRSP matching for employee contributions after 1 year
- Support the mechanic shop and driver team by repairing defects that are identified during pre-trip and post trip inspections: These include but are not limited to lights, mudflaps, hydraulic leaks, winches, dash light diagnosis, and various trailer repairs.
- Adjust, repair, or replace parts and components of commercial transport truck systems including chassis, frame, cab, body, engine and drive train, air brakes, steering, and fuel, hydraulic, electrical, and electronic systems.
- Review and discuss work orders with supervisors
- Perform scheduled maintenance service, such as oil changes and lubrications.
- Operate engines such as International Max Force, Paccar, Cummins, etc.
- Work with equipment such as vacuum pumps, hydraulics, and winches
- Adhere to the company Code of Conduct and all West Coast Reduction Ltd. policies
- Foster a positive team and company culture by ensuring treatment of others is respectful and aligned with company values
- Perform other duties as assigned by Manager or Supervisor
- Strong fundamental understanding of mechanical, electrical and hydraulic components
- Strong knowledge of tools and safe work practices, with a high level of mechanical aptitude
- Proficiency in English, both verbal and written, with excellent communication skills
- Ability to read or interpret diagrams, schematic drawings and manuals to determine work procedures
- Ability to frequently move, carry, lift, push and pull equipment up to 50 lbs without assistance and occasionally greater with assistance
- Perform repetitive motions including bending, kneeling, crouching, climbing and reaching overhead above the shoulders daily
- Adaptable to adverse conditions including confined space, heights, cold weather, odours and animal by-products·
- Ability to multitask, trouble shoot, and solve process related issues
INTERESTED CANDIDATES ARE INVITED TO SUBMIT THEIR APPLICATION VIA THE “APPLY NOW” LINK BELOW.
We thank all applicants, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.