Boundary Electric is looking for a Senior Purchasing Coordinator!
The Purchasing Coordinator II will be responsible for supporting, training, and supervising one other team member. In addition to supervising, this position is accountable for all supply chain activities including but not limited to sourcing, ordering, and scheduling incoming materials and supplies to meet production and operational requirements. Maintains clear and consistent communication with suppliers and shipping contacts and internal department heads throughout the procurement lifecycle and the product delivery lifecycle. Proactively engages suppliers in identifying potential issues and follows through to resolution. This position is located at our Head Office – Grand Forks, BC or Trail, BC with willingness to drive to Grand Forks once a week.
- Interacting with vendors to obtain quotes, resolve invoice discrepancies, and challenge price increases.
- Proactively developing and managing strong collaborative relationships with vendors and any other relevant stakeholder.
- Providing leadership, research, analysis, monitoring, and recommendations on a wide variety of issues that affect the department or Boundary Electric.
- Supporting, training, and supervising Purchasing Coordinator.
- Generating purchase orders by using the Financial System based on vendor quotations that have been selected and approved for purchase.
- Researching and sourcing inventory / parts with new or existing vendors and negotiating the best possible price.
- Ensuring any comments and notes by requisitioners to vendor quotations are processed on the purchase order.
- Issuing purchase orders to suppliers as directed by the Boundary Electric team.
- Generating change orders as required.
- Receiving the acknowledged purchase orders and electronic/ physical storage in the appropriate project folders.
- Following-up with suppliers on orders to ensure on-time delivery of materials and documentation.
- Following-up with suppliers on late orders and communicate any issues with the project manager to assist in resolving the delay.
- Liaising with the Boundary Electric team regarding purchase status.
- Tracking and analyzing the ongoing performance of suppliers in terms of cost, delivery and quality.
- Supporting the Logistics Coordinator to ensure incoming shipments are successful.
- Electronically receives Purchaser Orders in the Financial System from physical receiving packages.
- Minimum 3-8 year of experience as a purchaser.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in a supervisory role.
- Post-secondary training in purchasing, accounting or related technical discipline would be an asset.
- Proficient in MS Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Outlook, Teams.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Strong computer expertise, specifically using an ERP system
Part of what makes Boundary Electric a certified "Great Place to Work" is our Compensation and Benefits:
- Benefits Plan - We cover 100% of your Extended Health Care and Dental care
- The Employee Assistance Program -provides confidential, short term, solution based, counselling for employees and their eligible dependents
- The Health & Lifestyle Spending Account is a flexible spending account designed to improve the lives of our employees by promoting a healthy lifestyle, and can be used towards fitness and wellness expenses
- Snack Program - Weekly healthy snacks provided in
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$71,500.00 per year
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Grand Forks, BC: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person