About the Role:
We are looking for an experienced and detailed-oriented professional to join our prepress team. The role demands a high level of technical proficiency, graphic design skill, as well as an in-depth understanding of the manufacturing process. Candidates should also have experience with press impositions and plate room operations.
Who We Are:
Rayacom is Canada’s leading hub for full-service print, signs, and packaging services. Our full range of digital printers offset presses, and bindery equipment allows us to take on even your most ambitious print projects. No matter what your goals are, we’ve got you covered: our in-house experts are uniquely qualified to help you select the right products to showcase your message and reach your audience. Our clients across Canada love everything about us and we are grateful to them for their business and continued support.
We’ve got our fingers on the pulse of a wide range of industries, from real estate to food manufacturing, cosmetics, to non-profits, and professional services.
With locations nationwide, our customers benefit from brand control, lower shipping costs, and speed to market. When you go with us for your printing, signs, or packaging needs, you get personalized service, local support, and national strength.
- Apply production standards to incoming customer artwork.
- Create and edit die lines for packaging applications.
- Communicate technical issues clearly and concisely to sales, customer service, and pressroom personnel.
- Provide expert graphic and typography changes to customer art as required
- Provide color management and trapping as required
- Create, edit, and validate barcodes
- Create and validate both soft proofs, high-resolution color proofs, and folded samples
- Checking and preflighting artworks
- Work with CSR and Sales personnel
- Provide ongoing support for creating and managing impositions as needed
- Provide ongoing support for all plate room operations as needed
- Follow standards and practices relevant to the position
- Practice 5S and safety in the office and plate room Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum 2-5 years Prepress experience, preferably in the packaging or commercial print industry
- Graphic Arts degree or diploma from a recognized post-secondary Institute is an asset
- Demonstrable critical thinking, problem-solving, and communication skills
- High-level proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite products, specifically Adobe Illustrator and Acrobat Pro, and Photoshop, with some experience with InDesign
- High-level proficiency with Macintosh OS and applications
- Experience with Epson printers and plate room operations
- Experience with printenergy, pitstop would be an asset.
Rayacom is fully committed to two things – our employees and our customers. We offer employee-based recognition and reward programs including bonuses, continuous improvement incentives, and company-wide performance goals. We emphasize teamwork, but value individual contributions to the team. Come join our winning team. We’re passionate, energetic, and committed to provide excellence in print and packaging solutions. If you are someone who values customers and a truly great place to work – apply now! We wish to thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Job Types: Permanent, Part-time, Full-time
Part-time hours: 40 per week
Salary: $20.00-$30.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person