VITALITY is hiring for an accountant to join us! Interviews will occur as resumes are received. We hope to fill this role shortly. In our small team, you will be supported by an Administrative Assistant and will report to the Chief Financial Officer. VITALITY is an award-winning vitamin and supplement company that is publicly listed company on the TSX Venture Exchange (TSXV: VPI).
VITALITY is a female-led and BC-based, clean line of award-winning vitamins and supplements sold in over six hundred natural health retailers and online at vitality.ca / findmyvitality.com You can learn more about us on Instagram @findmyvitality or www.vitality.ca.
This is an immediate opening and will be filled once the right candidate is found. Only resumes received with a cover letter will be reviewed. Compensation will be based on the qualifications of the candidate and years of experience.
In this role, you will be responsible for accounting and to support financial reporting as Vitality is publicly traded on the TSX Venture Exchange and works with an external auditor. We are looking for a determined individual with has a strong work ethic and is hands on in this role. The role is supported by a seasoned CFO. You are solutions oriented, independent and enjoy working in a Team environment. This is a permanent full-time position with competitive compensation and benefits. This role is based in office and may include some weekend and evening work with financial reporting deadlines of a public company.
What the Accountant does:
- Assists CFO with oversight of full cycle accounting and deadline management.
- Includes oversight and daily management of accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Record accounts payable, expense receipts and bill payments.
- Create and distribute invoices.
- Post invoices, payments, and other bank deposits.
- Post all journal entries and remittance to process GST and WCB.
- Reconcile bank, subledgers accounts and credit cards statements.
- Reconcile prepaid, capital assets and accrued expense accounts.
- Complete intercompany transactions.
- Supporting month-end process.
- Monthly inventory reconciliation including physical inventory count (may require movement of boxes up to 30 lbs).
- Tracking credit card payments and process batches.
- Keep records and files organized for efficient retrieval.
- Support the Executive with assigned tasks.
- Liaison with auditors and support the audit process.
- Supports and prepares financial statements, reports, annual budgets, forecasts, and cash flow analysis.
- Supports and analyzes and recommends improvements upon existing internal controls.
- Ad hoc projects, reports, and accounting tasks.
What the successful candidate will bring:
- 3+ years of accounting experience, Bachelor of Commerce and CPA designation is an asset.
- Excellent English communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Advanced MS Excel and strong computer skills.
- Experience working with QuickBooks Desktop and Salesforce.
- A strong work ethic.
- Strong organization, attention to detail, and prioritization skills.
The role will be located at our offices at 6th and Ontario in East Vancouver, and also work out of the downtown Vancouver office as needed (at Hastings and Howe Street). The office hours are traditionally Monday – Friday from 8:30 – 5 PM. Some weekend and evening work may be required.
We thank all that applied and request you do not contact the office with calls. We will reach out to candidates for initial phone interviews, followed by an in-person interview for final candidates. Candidates must be living in Vancouver or surrounding area to be considered.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $55,000.00-$70,000.00 per year
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- You currently live in Vancouver, Canada or surrounding area (20 KM)?
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
- QuickBooks: 2 years (preferred)
- Accounting: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person
Application deadline: 2023-09-15
Expected start date: 2023-10-02