Beard Winter LLP is proud to be recognized as one of The Globe and Mail’s Canada's Best Law Firms for 2023 with a special distinction in the practice area of Insurance Law and as one of the Top 10 Ontario Regional Law Firm by Canadian Lawyer Magazine for 2021-22.
Beard Winter is a multi-service, mid-sized law firm located in downtown Toronto. Our unwavering commitment to clients has been the foundation of our history since 1964. Recognized for our insurance defence litigation expertise, we act for many of Canada’s largest insurance companies. Best Lawyers and Lexpert recognize our lawyers in the areas of insurance law, insurance defence litigation, estates, trusts law and family law. Our employees are a key component of our success.
Beard Winter LLP is looking for a Civil Litigation Law Clerk to work directly with a senior partner, specializing in tort litigation.
Ideal candidates will:
- have 5+ years of demonstrated clerk experience in civil litigation.
- have experience with Court of Appeal, Supreme Court, etc.; Class action experience is an asset.
- have experience in working in a busy litigation practice.
- be flexible, time conscious, deadline oriented and have the ability to effectively manage multiple priorities.
- be resourceful, including good problem-solving skills.
- be a professional individual who works well under pressure.
- have a solid customer service approach.
- function easily in a customized MS Word and DMS environments, Amicus (is an asset) and litigation-based software; and
- have the ability to work independently with little supervision but appreciate the benefits of being part of a team.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- briefing and updating files including initial reports, etc.
- drafting mediation and pre-trial memos, trial briefs, AODs, etc.
- reviewing & summarizing medical documentation and other file contents.
- following up on undertakings and productions.
For more information about this position and our Firm, please visit our website at www.beardwinter.com.
Beard Winter LLP adopts an inclusive and accessible environment, and we are committed to providing support to applicants and firm members with disabilities. If you require accommodation at any time during the recruitment, selection and assessment process, please contact Debbie Cymbron, Manager, Human Resources.
Any offer of employment will be conditional upon background and reference checks, including a criminal record check, credit check, and employment verification.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Wellness program
- Work from home
- litgation law clerk: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: Hybrid remote in Toronto, ON M5H 3P5