Corporate & Co-operative Affairs
Senior Manager, Corporate Communications & Community Investment
Head office, Mississauga
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Corporate Communications & Community Investment, this role will provide strategic and tactical communications support to aid in the development and implementation of communications plans that facilitate and advance Gay Lea Foods’ broad strategic priorities, while delivering key supports to the Corporate Communications, Community Investment, and Corporate Sustainability business channels.
- Acquire and maintain a detailed knowledge of Gay Lea Foods policies, principles, and strategies, and keep up to date with relevant developments.
- Participate in the development of Gay Lea Foods’ 2024 communications plan.
- Write and design various corporate materials, including internal and external announcements, social media content, corporate presentations, member and employee newsletters, annual reports, and other communications collateral (meeting kits, brochures, videos, etc.), as required.
- Provide communications counsel to key internal stakeholders, ensuring content and timing alignment with business strategy.
- Provide strategic and tactical communications support for Gay Lea Foods’ Community Investment and Corporate Sustainability initiatives.
- Manage internal and external communications channels, including portions of the Gay Lea Foods website, select social media channels, the employee intranet, employee app, and site TVs.
- Develop and implement a plan to drive engagement on Gay Lea Foods’ employee app, as well as provide counsel and guidelines for local/site content developers.
- Provide guidance and assist all departments on the development and formatting of communications materials to ensure all are aligned with set brand standards, policies, and Gay Lea Foods’ logo requirements.
- Manage access to all corporate communications collateral, including photography, videography, logos, presentations, publications, and annual reports.
- Assist with the planning of various corporate communication-led initiatives, including events and press conferences.
- Monitor relevant media coverage and provide regular summaries to the Board of Directors and Management Team.
- 3-5 years’ experience in communications and/or public relations.
- University degree or equivalent education and experience in communications and/or public relations.
- Exceptional English communication skills, written and verbal.
- Advanced computer skills including MS Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and other presentation programs.
- Advanced social media and web page skills including X (Twitter), Facebook, LinkedIn, and related online platforms, etc.
- Experience in design and layout of communications materials and best practices for corporate brand development are an asset, but not required.
- Knowledge of agriculture and the food industry is an asset.
- Self-motivated with high energy and ability to multi-task.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills.
- Positive team player who can work effectively with internal and external partners.
Gay Lea Foods is a proud Canadian-owned dairy food and beverage company with a robust portfolio that includes 7 established brands such as Gay Lea Butter, Nordica Cottage Cheese, Ivanhoe Cheese, Salerno Cheese, and Hewitt’s Dairy. Our wide range of products are sold in Retail, Foodservice, Industrial, Co-pack, and Export markets, developed and produced out of our 13 manufacturing facilities in Ontario and Alberta.
Delivering high-quality and innovative products - from the consumer favourite Spreadables and North America’s first Smooth™ Cottage Cheese, to Nothing But Cheese™, an innovative snack made with 100% cheese, is what makes us market leaders in our categories. Our grassroots approach to business is what guides our direction and differentiates us from our competitors.
Our employees inspire our culture of excellence and entrepreneurship. We hire innovative and passionate professionals who know that greatness is achieved through people, partnerships, and acting with a business owner mindset.
For more about us visit:
Gay Lea Foods is an equal-opportunity employer and values diversity in our workplace.
Reasonable accommodation is available upon request throughout our recruitment and selection process.
Thank you for your interest in Gay Lea Foods.
Wishing you all the best with your career search!