Bingham Law is seeking an Administrative Assistant
We are looking for a person who can help with a variety of administrative tasks related to the
daily business operations of the law firm. The person in this position will report to the CEO,
but will work with many staff members occupying different roles within the firm, as needed.
Tasks may vary on a day-to-day basis and relate to the positions as described below:
- Answering the phone and greeting clients.
- Coordinating client meetings in collaboration with lawyers, paralegals, and legal
- Assisting with client meeting preparation and ensuring meeting rooms have proper
tools and set-up.
- Performing some accounting tasks such as accepting payments by cash, cheque, credit
card and debit card, posting receipts to the accounting system, as well as monitoring
Trust Account to inform lawyers and staff of incoming payments.
- Handling and logging daily mail, both incoming and outgoing, including couriers.
- If the Receptionist is absent, opening the office and ensuring it is ready to receive
clients: gathering newspapers, making coffee, unloading/loading dishwasher, stocking
and tidying kitchen.
- Delivering or picking up documents or other office supplies at different locations in
Paralegals and Lawyers
- Helping paralegals compile their files by scanning and saving documents to their
- Making copies and binding documents for court proceedings.
- Saving documents to appropriate files.
- Opening and closing files.
- Purging resolved files for closing and archiving.
- Keeping track of archiving.
- Preparing final reports for clients prior to file closing.
- Preparing bills and sending to clients.
- Printing, organizing, and delivering documentation prepared by the legal assistants
working remotely to the assigned lawyers for necessary signatures.
Responsibilities can change over time to meet the needs of the firm and can include other