GEMTEC is a growing firm with offices throughout Atlantic Canada and in Ontario, and we are looking for a motivated and skilled Billing Clerk to join our Team. GEMTEC management understands that creative, talented employees are assets, and that investing in employee development is an investment in our firm. We strive to have employees that are multi-faceted and versatile with a variety of skills.
We currently have an opening for a Billing Clerk in our Fredericton, NB office.
As a Billing Clerk, you will play a pivotal role in ensuring accurate and efficient billing processes. You will be responsible for generating invoices, verifying billing information, and resolving billing discrepancies in a timely manner. The successful candidate will have the following:
Educational & Experience Requirements:
Associate's degree in Accounting or related field.
- 5 years’ work experience as a Billing Clerk or similar role.
- Proficiency in using billing software and accounting systems (e.g., QuickBooks, SAP, etc.).
- Strong numerical and data entry skills with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent organizational and time management abilities, able to meet deadlines consistently.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to collaborate with cross-functional teams.
- Familiarity with billing and invoicing regulations and practices.
- Basic knowledge of general accounting principles.
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with integrity and discretion.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, particularly Excel.
- Experience processing payroll, an asset.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate experience in the following:
- Generate and process customer invoices accurately and promptly, adhering to established billing cycles.
- Verify the accuracy of billing data, including pricing, quantities, and discounts, to minimize errors and discrepancies.
- Maintain billing records and update client information in the billing system as needed.
- Follow up on outstanding payments and assist in collections efforts, if required.
- Prepare and distribute regular reports on billing activities, outstanding accounts, and other relevant metrics.
- Assist in month-end and year-end closing activities related to billing and accounts receivable.
- Provide support to other finance and accounting functions as necessary, including payroll.
Interested individuals, click here to apply: https://gemtec.bamboohr.com/careers/111
Thank you for taking the time to consider GEMTEC. Only candidates proceeding to the next phase of the application process will be contacted at this time. We encourage you to connect with us on LinkedIn, even if this opportunity isn’t for you, the next one might be!
Should you be selected for an interview and require accommodation of any kind, please kindly help us understand how we can help.