LEGAL ASSISTANT/PARALEGAL – FAMILY LAW
Fred Nudel Law is a family law firm with vast experience in family law appeals, mediations, arbitrations, and litigation. Our firm provides client-focused and child-centred services to families in the midst of separations, co-parenting conflicts, support issues, property division struggles, and family violence concerns.
Fred Nudel Law aims to provide professional, empathetic, and innovative legal services to every client. We take pride in collaborating with our clients to reach legal outcomes that practically benefit their family’s everyday life.
Our firm firmly believes that each team member contributes to providing our clients with a positive legal experience that benefits them and their loved ones. We are a small, closeknit team that values respect, compassion, and personability. As such, we are looking for a candidate who will contribute to our supportive environment.
We are looking for a Legal Assistant/Paralegal to work on family law matters. This job requires that the suitable candidate be detail-oriented and organized with excellent technical and communication skills. Please be aware that the successful candidate will have the ability to multi-task, take initiative, and work independently in a fast-paced environment.
General Duties and Responsibilities
- Performing administrative duties, such as phone calls, diarizing, and scheduling appointments.
- Preparing, formatting, and proofreading correspondence and legal documents from written and oral instructions and precedents.
- Assisting in management of lawyer’s practice (i.e., opening files, maintaining filing system, scheduling, and billing).
- Responding to client inquiries supporting file matters.
- Maintaining and organizing files.
- Prioritizing workflow to ensure completion of accurate work within established timelines.
- Establishing a professional rapport with clients and opposing counsel.
- Any other related duties, as assigned. Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for the job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Core Competencies & Qualifications
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- 2+ years of previous family law legal assistant experience.
- Able to juggle multiple priorities, meet deadlines and exhibit sound judgment all with minimal supervision.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office 365 with excellent knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook, and Teams.
- Superior organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with internal and external clients.
- High level of confidentiality.
- Able to work under pressure, be flexible, and adapt to changing situations easily.
We offer a competitive salary, which is negotiable according to the level of skill candidates bring to the table.
If you are interested in the position, please submit a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the subject heading “LAST NAME, FIRST NAME - Legal Assistant/Paralegal Application.”
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: One location