Company: Pax Law Corporation
Location: [North Vancouver, BC]
Job Type: Full-Time
Job Description: We are seeking a highly organized and detail-oriented Legal Administrative Assistant ("LAA") to join our legal team. As a LAA, you will provide essential support to our attorneys in a wide range of legal matters. Your responsibilities will include client intake, client management, conducting legal research, drafting pleadings, memorandums, and legal documents, organizing, and maintaining case files, and assisting with hearing and trial preparation as required by counsel.
The ideal candidate should possess strong communication skills, a solid understanding of legal procedures, and a passion for the legal field. Prior experience in the legal field is an asset. Related education is an asset.
- Assist counsel in preparing legal documents, including briefs, contracts, and pleadings
- Organize and maintain case files, including indexing, filing, and retrieving documents
- Coordinate with clients, witnesses, and other parties involved in the legal process
- Assist counsel in preparing for trials, hearings, and depositions
- Draft correspondence and communicate with clients on behalf of counsel
- Review and summarize legal documents, including contracts and deposition transcripts
- Stay up-to-date with changes in laws and regulations that may impact the firm's clients
- Bachelor's degree in any discipline from a reputable university
- A minimum of 1 year of experience as a paralegal or legal assistant in a law firm, non-profit organization, governmental organization, or corporate legal department (experience may vary depending on the level of the position).
- Proficiency in legal research and drafting legal documents.
- Strong knowledge of Canadian legal procedures and terminology.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work under tight deadlines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Written and verbal English language fluency and ability to communicate in formal written English effectively.
- Proficiency in using legal research tools and case management software.
- Strong computer skills, including MS Office Suite.
- Diplomas in paralegal studies or legal administration are considered.
- Degrees in law are considered.
- Experience with litigation, administrative law, trial preparation and courtroom procedures
- Familiarity with specific areas of law relevant to the firm's practice areas – including business law, real estate law, civil litigation, family law, or immigration law.
- Experience with document management systems.
- Proficiency in French, Farsi, Cantonese, Mandarin, Punjabi, Hindi, Vietnamese, Korean, Spanish, Portuguese, or Arabic is strongly considered.
How to Apply: Please submit your resume, cover letter, and any relevant certifications to [email protected]. In your cover letter, please highlight your experience and skills that make you a strong candidate for this position. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.20 per hour
- Bachelor's Degree (preferred)
Work Location: In person