Hi there! Thanks for stopping by
Are you actively looking for a new opportunity? Or just checking the market? Well… you might just be in the right place!
We're looking for a Corporate Accountant to join our Finance team in Montreal. You will be working in a dynamic environment and daily tasks that include a variety of accounting duties. If you're interested in the opportunity to expand your skills by working with the Finance team of a growing technology company, this may be the position for you.
What you'll be doing:
- Supporting in the preparation of monthly, quarterly, and annual closing which includes:
- Posting journal entries and preparing reconciliations
- Managing and reviewing departmental allocations
- Preparation of the monthly finance report, cash flow and other analysis
- Reviewing and supporting the Junior Corporate Accountant
- Supporting the Assistant Corporate Controller in the monthly reviews
- Participate in the internal monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reporting process, external quarterly reviews, and annual financials statement audit
And a little bit of....
- Performing internal controls to ensure compliance with SOX
- Assisting in the implementation of new processes
- Creation of new analysis to better understand the results
- Collaboration with FP&A to understand, align and improve the budget
- Ad-hoc projects
What you need to bring:
We're a team of 5 people located in North America and Asia Pacific. As part of the Corporate Accounting team you will be supporting the Accounting function globally by: ensuring efficient, timely and accurate closings, preparing analysis and reports at the consolidated level and, improving current processes.
We're looking for a candidate who has experience with the following:
- 1-2 years experience in a similar position or audit
- B.Comm in Accounting or Finance, or equivalent experience
- Knowledge of accounting systems (Netsuite a plus)
- Experience reporting under SOX
- IFRS knowledge
We know that people are more than what's on their CV. If you're unsure that you have the right profile for the role... hit the 'Apply' button and give it a try!
What's in it for you?
Come live the Lightspeed experience...
- Ability to do your job in a truly flexible hybrid environment (3 days/week in office);
- Genuine career opportunities in a company that's creating new jobs everyday;
- Work in a team big enough for growth but lean enough to make a real impact.
… and enjoy a range of benefits that'll keep you happy, healthy and (not) hungry:
- Lightspeed RSU program (we are all owners)
- Unlimited paid time off policy
- Flexible working policy
- Health insurance
- Health and wellness benefits
- Possibility for transit fees to be covered
- Paid leave assistance for new parents
- Linkedin learning
- Volunteer day
To all recruitment agencies: Lightspeed does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. If we have not directly engaged your company in writing to supply candidates for a specific vacancy, Lightspeed will not be responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Where to from here?
Obviously, this has to be mutually beneficial: we want you to step into a role you love, and we want to offer you a place you're proud to come to every day. For a glimpse into our world check out our career page here.
Lightspeed is building communities through commerce, and we need people from all backgrounds and lived experiences to do that. We were founded in 2005, in Montreal's gay village and our original members were all part of the LGBTQ+ community. The ethos of our business has been about inclusion from the very beginning, and we strive to provide a workplace where everyone belongs.
Who we are:
Powering the businesses that are the backbone of the global economy, Lightspeed's one-stop commerce platform helps merchants innovate to simplify, scale, and provide exceptional customer experiences. Our cloud commerce solution transforms and unifies online and physical operations, multichannel sales, expansion to new locations, global payments, financial solutions, and connection to supplier networks.
Founded in Montréal, Canada in 2005, Lightspeed is dual-listed on the New York Stock Exchange (NYSE: LSPD) and Toronto Stock Exchange (TSX: LSPD). With teams across North America, Europe, and Asia Pacific, the company serves retail, hospitality, and golf businesses in over 100 countries.
Lightspeed handles your information in accordance with our Applicant Privacy Statement.