IT International Telecom Canada Inc. – Marine Geologist
Brief description of the company:
IT International Telecom Inc. is an ISO-certified marine network installer offering desktop study, marine route survey, engineering design, installation and maintenance services for submarine cable systems worldwide.
As an organization independent of any carrier or manufacturer, IT is in the unique position to collaborate with customers, providing them with cost-effective and ideal technical solutions for each project. Above all, IT delivers quality solutions based on proven engineering and installation techniques.
IT was formed in 1995 and for over 20 years has been recognized as one of the worlds’ finest marine system providers. IT is proud to have many repeat clients that are all based on proven engineering techniques and quality of service.
Reporting to the Survey Manager – Marine Route Surveys, IT is seeking to fill the position of full-time permanent Marine Geologist. This position is based in Halifax and requires offshore international travel. The position provides an excellent working environment, opportunity for growth and learning, a complete benefits package as well as an attractive compensation package.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Acquire all necessary project documentation required to plan assigned survey activities from various stakeholders;
- Oversee the acquisition and post processing of side scan and sub-bottom data;
- Oversee gravity coring and grab sample operations;
- Logging of core sample data;
- QC and process CPT data;
- Oversee final report writing including burial assessment reports;
- Prepare procedure and process documentation of operating equipment related to geophysical and geotechnical surveys;
- Assist with vessel mobilizations;
- Experience in cable route surveys preferred.
- Bachelor of Science degree preferably in Earth Sciences or Geology;
- Masters of Science in Geology preferred along with being an active member of a professional order;
- Recent work history must include a minimum of 2 - 5 years related offshore hydrographic survey experience, including large scale contracts;
- Ability to draft, read, comprehend and interpret technical specifications;
- Ability to draft clear, complete and concise reporting documents;
- Excellent communication skills required, both written and verbal;
- Strong organizational, time-management and analytical skills;
- Experience in data processing of sidescan and sub-bottom data using Chesapeake Sonarwiz
- Experience with Global Mapper for manipulating multiple data sets;
- Experience with AutoCAD for mapping sediment boundaries and sidescan mosaics;
- MS Office experience required;
- NaviPac and QINSy experience an asset;
- Valid offshore training and Canadian Seafarers Book
Interested and available for national and international travel. A valid passport is required.
Only candidates eligible to work in Canada will be considered.
Please note the estimate pay shown on the posting is an estimate by Indeed and not IT International Telecom.
If you are seeking a long-term stable environment and meet the above criteria, please submit your cv.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Casual dress
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Wellness program
Supplemental pay types:
Work Location: In person