INDUSTRY LEADER AND BEST MANAGED COMPANY
Proudly awarded Platinum Standard in 2022 as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies, K-Line continues its quest to be the premier Canadian owned utilities solutions company. At K-Line, our core values of Safety, Quality, Integrity, Operational Excellence and Customer Satisfaction are the foundation of everything we do. We are a premier high voltage electrical contractor, that provides exceptional value to our utility and related partners through an unwavering commitment to these K-Line values. We currently have the following opportunity available out of Swift Current (Shaunavon, Maple Creek), Saskatchewan.
Position Name: Health, Safety, Environment & Quality (HSEQ) Advisor
Job Code: HSASK-032023
Department HSEQ Division (Saskatchewan)
Working Conditions: Combination of remote and onsite
The HSEQ Advisor is the subject matter expert providing sound advice, guidance and support to business units related to Health, Safety, Quality and Environmental programs. This position is responsible for a variety of initiatives including but not limited to the development, implementation and maintenance of health and safety policies, procedures, and injury prevention programs, WCB, and disability claims management and providing recommendations and advice to the Joint Health & Safety Committee (JOHSC).
· Inspects job sites, conducts job hazard analyses, and work with others to develop a plan to eliminate or control hazards.
· Conduct Quality Assurance and Quality Control Inspections, audits.
· Conduct subcontractor inspections.
· Assist with incident management including performing root cause analysis and review findings with the teams on incidents and nonconformities.
· Identify, log, and track process and operational nonconformances.
· Update and maintain continuous improvement plans.
· Create client specific documents.
· Verify that HSEQ documents are being completed by crew members and submitted to the appropriate people.
· Verify that all tools and equipment are in good working condition and safe for use.
· Promote safe practices at the job site.
· Establish and enforce safety procedures and policies.
· Train and perform drills and exercises with employees on how to manage emergency situations.
· Assist with conducting near miss and incident investigations.
· Assist with addressing employees’ safety concerns.
· Work in conjunction with other divisions (as required) to continuously improve K-Line’s internal documents.
· Assist in the development and presentation of monthly safety meetings.
· Educate managers, foreperson, journeyperson powerline technicians and apprentices on industry best practices and approved work methods.
· Attend departmental meetings, including crew tailboards while on job sites.
Qualifications and Requirements
· Completion of Secondary School Diploma or Equivalent
· Completion of Certified Utility Safety Professional Designation (CUSP) and/or National Construction Safety Officer (NCSO)
· HCSAS Certificate of Recognition (COR) courses is an asset
· Red Seal Powerline Technician and/or Heavy Construction experience is an asset
· Experience developing and implementing training programs is an asset
· ISO 9001 & 45001 certification will be an asset
· Highly organized with the ability to multitask and handle tight deadlines
· Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to work with employees at all levels of the company
· Excellent communication, presentation and writing skills
· Strong leadership with the ability to instruct and mentor others
· Ability to develop written training material and summarize training and tooling requirements for management
· Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, HSEQ software’s such as eCompliance, Contractor Check, etc.
Interested candidates are invited to apply. We thank all candidates for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted via email. No Agencies please.
K-Line was established in 1967 and is registered to the ISO 9001 Quality Management Standard and ISO 45001 Health and Safety Management Standard.
K-Line Group is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection process. At K-Line, we respect, encourage and celebrate our diversity. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please advise if you require accommodation.
Job Types: Permanent, Full-time
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Vision care
Work Location: On the road