Position Overview: Reporting to the Presidant, the Plant Manager directs manufacturing and operations in accordance with plant policies and procedures and in compliance with health and safety policies. The Plant Manager is responsible for delivering high quality products on time with a commitment to safety and to use all resources efficiently to improve productivity at all levels.
Duties and responsibilities
- Directs and administers Production, Quality Control, Inventory, Shipping, Maintenance and Operations.
- Accountable for the health and safety of workers in the plant and ensures that the facility is operated and maintained in compliance with Provincial and local environmental health and safety laws.
- Drives and supports Health & Safety initiatives. Co-Chairs Joint Health & Safety Committee with HR manager and works closely with Human Resources.
- Manages and schedules labour to increase efficiency and meet (KPI) budget goals.
- Ensures high quality production.
- Demonstrates strong leadership skills, leads by example and is accountable for all areas of production.
- Responsible for the leadership, development and management of the Production Team and ensures that plant operations are adequately staffed with trained and experienced supervisors who are capable of providing continued growth and profitability for the organization.
- Works closely with all other departments to ensure better productivity and development. Encourages interdepartmental communication and collaboration.
- Manages production planning and oversees production scheduling, all rush orders, flagged orders and drawings to plant. (load making)
- Directs the installation and maintenance of all manufacturing and processing equipment used in the manufacturing process. Manages Maintenance to ensure low downtime.
- Ensures on time delivery without backorders.
- Develops new products.
- Responsible for Plant lay-out and improves work flow and capacity to increase efficiencies.
- Ensures procedures are in place for all manufacturing activities.
- Development and implementation of production systems.
- Establishes strong working relations with other functional managers.
- Other duties as required.
· 5 years experience in a leadership role in a manufacturing environment.
· 3 - 5 years minimum experience in a Window manufacturing industry essential.
- Excellent leadership qualities, strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- High School Diploma, Post Secondary Education an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to lead by example to ensure a team approach.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment and to effectively schedule and prioritize daily routines as well as specific task completion.
- Working knowledge in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Knowledge of applicable safety regulations and procedures.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of manufacturing methods, process management, project management, and production planning.
- Knowledge of quality control and inspection procedures.
- Ability to direct and coordinate all manufacturing activities so that an adequate supply of approved products is kept within specifications, quality standards, budget guidelines, and on time.
- Ability to manage special projects including review of new plant equipment.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision care
Flexible Language Requirement:
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Concord, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- plant management: 3 years (preferred)
- production management: 5 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person