Legal Assistants Needed for Family Law and Litigation Departments
Crease Harman LLP’s history extends back to 1866, making it the oldest law firm in British Columbia. Since its establishment, our firm has played a remarkable role in the evolution of the law in British Columbia and Canada. In addition to having a long tradition of providing comprehensive and effective legal services across a broad range of practice areas, we value our local Victoria and Vancouver Island clients and strive to contribute as members of our community.
We offer an interesting and dynamic work environment that is both challenging and rewarding. Our staff are valued and respected, and we actively solicit their input in the decision-making processes. We also host many (optional) social functions, both formal and informal. We are interested in adding another couple members to our team and welcome responsible and enthusiastic applicants, regardless of their experience.
Our firm strives to maintain a professional and low-stress atmosphere, and we seek a candidate who shares these values. If you are looking for a workplace where you can thrive and make a positive impact, we encourage you to apply for this position.
This position involves the following job duties:
· Answering calls, emails, and voicemails
· Collecting information and supporting documents
· Processing consultation and retainer payments
· Opening files and performing conflict checks
· Preparing pleadings, affidavits, and other legal documents
· Scheduling hearings and appointments
· Entering lawyer's time and preparing invoices
· Printing and filing documents
· Maintaining organized files
To be considered for this position, applicants must meet the following employment requirements:
· At least two years of administrative work experience, preferably at a law firm
· Strong communication, organization, and client-management skills
· Ability to work efficiently, multi-task, and perform well under pressure
· Familiarity with MS Office applications
· Attained a high school diploma or equivalent qualification
· Fluency in English, both written and spoken
· Relevant university or college education is considered an asset
This is a permanent, full-time position (35 hours per week during business hours Mon-Fri) with an expected salary range of $45,000-$75,000 per year, commensurate with experience. Extended health and dental benefits are offered following the completion of a minimum qualifying period. Please note that this is not a remote position.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $45,000.00-$75,000.00 per year
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
Work Location: In person